Knowing how to cancel Linkedin Premium is essential and easy to do once you’ve exhausted the service to find a new job or source the right candidate.
LinkedIn Premium is a valuable tool for job seekers and recruiters to take professional networking to the next level. The plan includes features not standard with your basic LinkedIn profile, such as insights on who viewed your profile, means of messaging people you are not connected with, and many more innovative tools.
Here at MatchBuilt, for example, we use LinkedIn Premium as a tool to connect with potential candidates we’re not already connected to. Similarly, many job seekers we work with use a premium account to reach out to us if they find one of our job postings appealing. We often need to remind them to cancel their premium account once they’ve accepted a new role.
As much as the plan is valuable, it can be costly, and you may consider canceling it before the next billing cycle. Apart from that, you may also want to cancel it for other reasons, such as finding a new job or hiring the right candidate. With over 849 million active users on LinkedIn, representing roughly 10.7% of people on earth, it’s important for everyone with an account to know how easy it is to cancel one.
How do you cancel LinkedIn Premium?
On the app, click on “me” at the top section of your LinkedIn account homepage, select “access my premium” from the drop-down menu that shows up, click on “manage premium account,” and click the cancel subscription button under “manage subscription.”
In this article, we guide you on canceling LinkedIn Premium on a desktop or a mobile phone via iTunes, Android, or iPhone. Let’s start by getting a better understanding of what LinkedIn premium is.
What is LinkedIn Premium?
LinkedIn Premium refers to the paid subscription on your LinkedIn profile account. This subscription is suitable for job hunters, people looking for clients for their jobs, recruiters, and other people who want to connect easily with other LinkedIn users. LinkedIn Premium offers more features than the free version, LinkedIn basic.
The annual price for LinkedIn Premium starts from $29.99 per month. New members can also enjoy the free trial available for one month. The free trial period gives members an idea of the features of the premium version so they can decide whether to go on and pay for the premium version or continue using the basic plan.
LinkedIn premium comes in different plans. Here is a breakdown of each of them.
Premium Business Plan
Designed especially for business leaders and entrepreneurs, the Premium Business Plan delivers exclusive insights, amplifies brand visibility, and fosters meaningful connections with a like-minded audience.
- Unlimited Profile Browsing: Explore the vast community without limitations.
- 15 InMail Credits: Personalized outreach to any LinkedIn member, even if you’re not connected.
- Private Browsing Mode: Browse profiles discreetly without leaving a trace.
- Direct Messaging: Facilitate one-on-one conversations seamlessly.
- Exclusive Business Insights: Gain a competitive edge with our in-depth business analytics.
- Unlimited Access to LinkedIn Learning: Empower your professional journey with a wealth of courses.
- Applicant Insights: Understand your potential hires better and make informed decisions.
Premium Career Plan
Tailored for proactive job seekers, the Premium Career Plan streamlines the connection with potential employers and enhances your visibility in the competitive job market.
- Applicant Insights: Gain a deeper understanding of how you stack up against other candidates.
- 5 InMail Credits: Directly reach out to recruiters and hiring managers, even if you’re not connected.
- Direct Messaging: Engage in one-on-one conversations effortlessly.
- Private Browsing Mode: Navigate profiles discreetly without notifying members.
- See Who’s Viewed Your Profile: Get insights into who’s checking out your profile.
- Premium Badge: Stand out in searches and messages with an exclusive status.
- Unlimited Access to LinkedIn Learning: Boost your skills and knowledge with a vast array of courses.
Primarily designed as a potent sales management solution, the Sales Navigator Plan empowers professionals to identify and engage with potential leads, thereby bolstering their clientele.
- Real-time Alerts & Updates: Stay abreast of pivotal moments and opportunities as they arise.
- 50 InMail Credits: Initiate personalized outreach to potential leads, even if you’re not directly connected.
- Direct Messaging: Facilitate immediate conversations with prospects.
- Private Browsing Mode: Research profiles covertly without notifying members.
- See Who’s Viewed Your Profile: Gain insights into who is showing interest in your profile.
- Custom Lead & Account Lists: Organize and prioritize your prospective outreach with tailored lists.
- Unlimited Access to LinkedIn Learning: Stay ahead in sales strategies with continuous learning from an extensive course catalog.
- Lead Recommendations: Leverage intelligent suggestions to identify potential clients.
Recruiter Lite Plan
Tailored for talent acquisition specialists and hiring managers, LinkedIn Recruiter Lite simplifies the recruitment process, enhancing communication and connectivity with potential candidates.
- 30 InMail Credits: Directly reach out to potential candidates, fostering more personalized interactions.
- Private Browsing Mode: Discreetly explore candidate profiles without alerting them.
- See Who’s Viewed Your Profile: Gain insights into candidates and peers who show interest in your profile.
- Candidate Tracking: Streamline your recruitment pipeline by monitoring candidate progress.
- Candidate Recommendations: Benefit from AI-driven suggestions, leading you to the best potential fits.
- Unlimited Profile Searches: Dive deep into the LinkedIn pool without restrictions to find the perfect candidate.
- Enhanced Design Capabilities: Customize your outreach and job posts for better engagement.
- Job Post Creation & Management: Simplify the hiring process with easy-to-use job posting tools.
- Job Post Analytics: Measure the impact and reach of your job listings for strategic improvements.
Difference Between Free LinkedIn and LinkedIn Premium
The free LinkedIn and LinkedIn Premium plans have notable differences, including a monthly or annual subscription fee. The free version primarily covers the social media aspect of the platform, allowing users to:
- Build a simplistic professional identity
- Create and promote your personal brand
- Connect with friends and colleagues
- View profiles of other LinkedIn members
- Create and maintain a professional network
- Connect and attract the recruiter’s attention
- Get limited InMail messages
The LinkedIn free version is suitable for you if you use LinkedIn for casual networking. However, the LinkedIn premium is the go-to option if you intend to use it for your business, career progression, or professional networking. It comes with more features than the basic plan. These include:
- Advanced searches
- Full access to the people who have viewed your profile for the past 90 days
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn learning courses
- Unlimited people browsing
- More InMail messages each month
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
If you do not value the extra features of the paid LinkedIn Premium Plans or if they are too expensive for you, you can cancel them anytime. LinkedIn is an easy-to-use platform, which holds true when you are using a desktop, Android phone, or iPhone when unsubscribing from a premium plan.
Here are steps to cancel LinkedIn premium for each.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium on Desktop
You could only cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription on a PC web browser if you paid for the plan using the desktop site or mobile browser. Below is the procedure to follow.
- Access your LinkedIn account from your browser desktop view.
- Click on “me” at the top of your screen. A dropdown menu will appear.
- Go to “access my premium” on the menu.
- Click “cancel subscription” in the manage premium account section.
- Click “continue to cancel.”
- Prompts asking whether you are sure you want to cancel your account will appear. Follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium on App
Canceling your LinkedIn premium on the app can only be possible if you purchase it using the LinkedIn desktop or mobile browser. Here is the procedure to follow.
- Click on “me” at the top section of your LinkedIn account homepage.
- Select “access my premium” from the drop-down menu that shows up.
- Click on “manage premium account.”
- Click the cancel subscription button under “manage subscription.”
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium on iPhone
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium on iTunes
To cancel LinkedIn premium on iTunes, follow the following procedure.
- Go to the settings app
- At the top of your screen, tap your name
- Tap iTunes & App store
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen, then “View Apple ID,” which appears in the pop-up window.
- Enter your Face ID, passcode, or Touch ID.
- Tap “subscriptions”
- Tap “LinkedIn”
- Tap “cancel subscription.”
You must contact Apple support if you bought your plan before June 2020. The Apple support agents will help you cancel the subscription, which will expire at the end of your billing cycle.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium on Android Phone
To cancel LinkedIn premium on an Android phone, you can go to the mobile browser and follow the procedure to cancel LinkedIn premium using a desktop or LinkedIn app.
If you have purchased your premium subscription using the Google Play store on an android device, you can only cancel your plan using the Google Play desktop, Google Play store mobile app, or LinkedIn desktop. You cannot cancel it on LinkedIn apps.
Here is the procedure for canceling your plan via the Google Play store.
- Access the Google Play store using your Android phone
- On the left, select my subscriptions
- Locate your premium subscription and click manage
- Click cancel subscription
- Confirm your cancellation
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium FAQs
Here are answers to some common questions about how to cancel LinkedIn Premium.
Yes, you can cancel LinkedIn premium anytime for various reasons, such as unimpressive features, price, or having accomplished what you wanted with the premium version. If you decide to go back to the premium version in the future, you will only need to sign up for the plan from afresh. LinkedIn will not restore the information you saved previously for your premium features.
Yes, you can cancel your LinkedIn premium free trial. After canceling, you can continue using the premium features until your billing cycle is over. Make sure to cancel it before the end of the billing cycle. You will not be allowed to sign up for another free trial for 12 months if you cancel the free trial.
Contact the LinkedIn Help Center today with the following steps:
1. Access the LinkedIn Support homepage.
2. Click "get help from us."
3. Click "Other" and search for a question or a topic.
4. If you don't find an answer to your question, click "Create a support ticket" at the bottom of the page, and a support agent will be in touch.
If you purchased your LinkedIn premium using iTunes or the app store before 1st June 2020, you would need to start the cancellation process on the LinkedIn mobile app or the LinkedIn desktop. The process automatically redirects to your iTunes subscriptions page, and you will then cancel the subscription on the page and confirm your action. However, if you paid for your premium plan after 1st June 2020, you must contact Apple support to help cancel it.
To cancel your LinkedIn premium on an android phone, you need to go to the mobile browser, LinkedIn mobile app, or LinkedIn desktop site and click on the "me" icon. Click "my premium subscription" on the drop-down menu that pops up. Then, select "manage premium account" to access the "premium subscription settings." Click "cancel subscription" under "manage subscription".
However, if you purchased your subscription using the Google Play store, the above method won't work. You will have to use the Google play desktop, Google Play mobile app, or LinkedIn desktop. To do that:
1. Access the Google Play store on your Android phone.
2. On the left side, select "my subscriptions."
3. Locate your subscription and click "manage."
4. Choose "cancel subscription" and then confirm your action.
After canceling your premium plan, you will automatically revert to the LinkedIn basic plan. You will not lose any data and will still have your connections and network, and you will only lose the features available on the premium subscription. Many ask, "Do you get a refund if you cancel your premium?" Unfortunately, it is not possible to get a refund.
You can't cancel a LinkedIn premium account through the LinkedIn mobile app if you paid for it using the Google play store, and you will have to do it via Google Play desktop, LinkedIn desktop, or the Google Play mobile app.
If you use an iPhone, you cannot cancel your subscription directly from LinkedIn if you purchased it via iTunes. You can only start the process on the LinkedIn mobile or desktop app and then complete it on the iTunes subscription management page. Hence, if you are experiencing problems canceling yours, you could be doing things the wrong way.
Canceling LinkedIn premium is easy; you only need to use a desktop, mobile browser, or iTunes or LinkedIn mobile app. The process will only take you a few minutes.
Yes, LinkedIn Premium is good, with more features than the basic LinkedIn, which are helpful for people looking forward to getting employment opportunities, growing their careers or businesses, or recruiting candidates for job positions. The extra features this plan comes with are worth the money.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Summary
To cancel LinkedIn Premium on the app, click on “me” at the top section of your LinkedIn account homepage, select “access my premium” from the drop-down menu that shows up, click on “manage premium account,” and click the cancel subscription button under “manage subscription.” Check out the other options above for more information on canceling on different devices.
LinkedIn premium offers more and better features, especially when you are between jobs than the LinkedIn basic profile you get when first setting up your account. It provides better analytics and makes connecting and communicating with other LinkedIn users easy. However, if you don’t need the extra features or you find the premium version too expensive, you may opt to cancel it and continue with the free version. If you have been asking, “How do I cancel my LinkedIn premium trial?” or “How do I cancel a premium account on LinkedIn?” use the above procedures to make your work easier.