Remote Corporate Vice President of Land Job Opening in the Southeast
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
A leading national, private homebuilder with operations throughout the Southeast and the Central US is searching for a Corporate Vice President of Land to support their growing markets. Land acquisition and entitlement experience leading a high-volume builder in a large market or region (Southeast and Central preferred) are a requisite for this opportunity.
As Corporate Vice President of Land, you will report to the CEO and COO and support local VPs and Directors of Land to continually monitor, search and identify new sites in locations designated to support aggressive growth plans in each market. Only candidates with high-volume land acquisition experience with a home builder will be considered for this opportunity.
Note: This position entails weekly travel to operating markets. A qualified candidate’s home base location can be anywhere that makes geographical sense for this role.
Remote Corporate Vice President of Land Responsibilities
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and each division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Provide support for all potential new projects for each division, including identifying parcels, negotiating with sellers, due diligence, and preparing a corporate approval package.
- Support the review and preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis, and evaluate each potential project’s technical and financial feasibility.
- Support the preparation of letters of intent and the division’s response to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine the liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Support each division’s presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends, and opportunities and generate prospective land deals by networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and the corporate land tracking report for corporate management.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities, other homebuilders, and lot developers.
- Work collaboratively with all functional peers as a member of the corporate leadership team.
- Provide support for the negotiation and preparation of amendments to the existing land contracts as necessary.
Remote Corporate Vice President of Land Candidates Possess These Skills
- 7+ years of experience in high-volume land acquisition and development is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and negotiate deal structures that facilitate projects’ conformance with applicable underwriting hurdles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Homebuilding Industry Leading Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays