Area Sales Manager Job Opening in Savannah, GA
Building Materials & Services Career Opportunity
We’re seeking an Area Sales Manager for a market leader in the erosion control industry. Our client is the largest and most experienced erosion control contractor in the Southeast and offers various clients comprehensive erosion control, specialty materials, forestry, and other site clean-up/control services.
The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for driving overall growth throughout the designated market and should be equally comfortable meeting with residential/commercial builders, construction site managers, project managers, estimators, and engineers; while continuing to canvas for prospective business and providing the same level of support to existing clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of urgency, high energy, self-motivation, discipline, and client/customer focus and be ready to hit the ground running!
Area Sales Manager Responsibilities
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling, and prospecting within the designated market for our full-service erosion control and site compliance services while managing existing customer accounts daily.
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plan, and annual quota for assigned territory, focusing sales and marketing efforts to meet or exceed this quota.
- Identify and investigate planned projects before contract award, and establish a plan to win future work.
- Maintaining and building a customer base by developing a strong rapport with key clients and working to establish new customer opportunities.
- Become a trusted expert in all areas that govern the erosion control industry by continuing to educate oneself through reading, attending professional seminars and group activities, and maintaining a personal network.
Area Sales Manager Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of direct sales experience in the landscaping, erosion control, or other construction services area.
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- A passion for potential client and customer engagement to create and deepen relationships.
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High-producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Must have contacts and ties within the designated market construction services markets for Residential, Commercial, and Municipal.
- Ties to local Chamber of Commerce, local, state, and federal Home Builders, and related erosion control professional associations.
- Prior sales leadership position, directly managing a team of sales professionals is a plus.
- Certification in Erosion and Sediment Control is a plus.
Industry Leading Benefits
- Benefits package includes; Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, PTO, etc.
- Competitive Compensation Package (base + commission)
- Auto Allowance
- Growth Opportunities
- Additional / Ongoing Training