Vice President of Sales Job Opening in Florida
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are teaming up with a leading homebuilder producing over 1000+ units annually in Florida in search of an exceptional Vice President of Sales. The successful candidate will report directly to the Division President and must possess sales management experience with a high-volume builder.
As the ideal candidate, you will have great urgency in driving sales and demonstrate strong leadership and strategic management skills. You should also possess the ability to prepare, plan, and deliver clear and persuasive sales presentations and teach others to do the same. In addition, you should be experienced in utilizing business analysis, planning, and customer management to achieve sales objectives.
As the Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for ensuring that new homes are sold at the established sales price and velocity with high levels of customer satisfaction. You will also play a crucial role in establishing effective policies and procedures to ensure the performance and success of the sales team. The compensation package, benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth are highly attractive and competitive for this role.
We welcome both local and non-local candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity. If you have a proven track record in sales management with a high-volume builder and possess the key attributes we are looking for, we encourage you to apply today.
Primary Vice President of Sales Responsibilities
As the Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for achieving marketing and sales objectives while overseeing the sales team’s day-to-day operations. Some key responsibilities of the role include:
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining sales employees in accordance with human resource policies and procedures.
- Communicating job expectations, planning and reviewing compensation actions, and enforcing policies and procedures to ensure the sales team’s success.
- Contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews to achieve marketing and sales operational objectives.
- Preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, and implementing changes to meet productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions to meet marketing and sales financial objectives.
- Developing annual sales quotas for regions, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products, establishing pricing strategies, and monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand to determine annual and gross-profit plans.
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs to accomplish marketing and sales objectives.
- Identifying marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements, defining the market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, forecasting projected business, and establishing targeted market share.
- Researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities, improving product packaging, and coordinating new product development to improve product marketability and profitability.
- Sustaining rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends to provide information and protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations to stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and advancements.
- Completing related results as needed to accomplish marketing and organizational mission.
Vice President of Sales Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of related industry experience
- Strong financial planning and strategy skills
- Deep understanding of marketing concepts and positioning
- Solid knowledge of mortgage programs for all housing types
- Experience in people management, territory management, sales planning, and competitive analysis
- Ability to understand the customer, product development, and client relationships
- Highly creative and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and high-energy personality
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong project management skillset