Director of Sales Job Opening
Building Materials / Environmental Control Career Opportunity
Our client is a leading environmental subcontractor in the southeast, rapidly expanding in North and South Carolina. We’re seeking a Sales Director with national account experience in these two markets. The ideal candidate will have experience in this geography as a National or Regional Sales Director or Account Manager servicing the residential construction industry. Our client offers various clients comprehensive erosion control, specialty materials, forestry, and other site clean-up/control services. The comp, the benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
Please note: This position can be located in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Greenville, or anywhere between.
Please note: We are only considering candidates with experience in the southeast.
The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for driving overall growth throughout North and South Carolina and should be equally comfortable meeting with residential/commercial builders, construction site managers, project managers, estimators, and engineers; while continuing to canvas for prospective business and providing the same level of support to existing clients. You’ll need to have a strong sense of urgency, high energy, self-motivation, discipline, and client/customer focus, and be ready to hit the ground running!
Director of Business Development Responsibilities
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling, and prospecting throughout North and South Carolina for our full-service erosion control and site compliance services while managing existing customer accounts daily.
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plans, and annual quotas for assigned territories, focusing sales and marketing efforts to meet or exceed these quotas.
- Identify and investigate planned projects before contract award, and establish a plan to win future work.
- Maintaining and building a customer base by developing a strong rapport with key clients and working to establish new customer opportunities.
- Become a trusted expert in all areas that govern the erosion control industry by continuing to educate oneself through reading, attending professional seminars and group activities, and maintaining a personal network.
Director of Business Development Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of direct sales experience in the landscaping, erosion control, or other construction services area.
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- A passion for the potential client and customer engagement to create and deepen relationships.
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High-producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Must have current contacts and ties within North and South Carolina construction services markets for residential, commercial, and municipal.
- Construction services background.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com; Lightning preferred.
- Ties to local Chamber of Commerce and local, state, and federal home builders and related erosion control professional associations.
- Prior sales leadership position directly managing a team of sales professionals, a plus.
- Certification is erosion and sediment control, a plus.
Industry Leading Benefits
- The benefits package includes; health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, etc.
- Competitive compensation package (base + commission)
- Car allowance
- Growth opportunities
- Additional ongoing training
Apply Below and Follow Us on LinkedIn Here
Resumés can be sent here.