Director of Sales Job Opening in Las Cruces, NM
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are in search of an experienced Director of Sales for a leading homebuilder in Las Cruces, NM. The position will report directly to the Division President and experience with a high-volume home builder is required. The Director of Sales will ensure new homes are sold at the established sales price and velocity with high levels of customer satisfaction and ensure the performance and success of the sales and marketing teams through the implementation of established policies and procedures. Local and non-local candidates will be considered but again, home building experience is necessary. The comp, the benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
Key Attributes of a Director of Sales Candidate for this Role Include:
- Great sense of urgency in driving sales
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills
- Ability to prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive sales presentations and teach others to do the same
- Experienced in utilizing business analysis, planning, and customer management to achieve sales objectives
Primary Director of Sales Responsibilities
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining the market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
- maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Director of Sales Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Five to ten years of related industry experience
- Financial planning and strategy
- Marketing concepts and positioning
- Have a strong working knowledge of mortgage programs for all housing types
- People management, territory management, Sales Planning, and competitive analysis
- Understanding the customer, product development, client relationships
- Highly creative and analytical thinking skills are critical
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and high energy
- Proven leadership skills
- Project Management skillset