Director of Land Acquisition Job Opening in Orlando, FL
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
A leading single-family-for-rent builder and developer with operations in Orlando and throughout the southeast is searching for a Director of Land Acquisition to support their growing division. Land Acquisition experience leading a high-volume builder or developer is a requisite for this opportunity. As Director of Land Acquisition, you will continually monitor, search and identify new sites in locations for our client’s thriving SFR business. Deep knowledge and a strong network in the Orlando market with a track record of finding and entitling large parcels of land for single-family construction are critical for this role.
Only candidates with land acquisition experience supporting a leading home builder or developer will be considered for this opportunity.
Director of Land Acquisition Responsibilities:
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Oversee potential new projects for the division, including identification of parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparing the corporate approval package.
- Responsible for the review/preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine the liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends, and opportunities and generate prospective land deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers, and others.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking reports for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities, other homebuilders, and lot developers
- To oversee all homeowner associations (HOAs) from both a financial and operations perspective to ensure we maintain beautiful communities and positively contribute to our customers’ homeowner experience
- To work collaboratively with all functional peers as a member of the Division Leadership Team
- Negotiate and prepare amendments to the existing land contracts as necessary.
Director of Land Candidates Possess These Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in land acquisition/divestiture and development required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and negotiate deal structures that facilitate projects’ conformance with applicable underwriting hurdles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Homebuilding Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays