Director of Business Development Job Opportunity
Building Material Career Opportunity
Our client is a leading building industry environmental subcontractor in the southeast that is rapidly expanding in North and South Carolina. We are seeking a Director of Business Development with national account experience in these two markets.
Please note: This position can be located in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Greenville or anywhere in-between.
Please note: We are only considering candidates with experience in the southeast at this time.
The ideal candidate will either have experience in this geography as a National or Regional Sales Director or Account Manager servicing the residential construction industry. Our client offers comprehensive erosion control, specialty materials, forestry, and other site clean-up/control services to a wide variety of clients.
The comp, the benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude, strong work ethic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for driving overall growth throughout the North and South Carolina and should be equally comfortable meeting with residential/commercial builders, construction site managers, project managers, estimators, and engineers; while continuing to canvas for prospective business and providing the same level of support to existing clients. You’ll need to have a strong sense of urgency, high energy, self-motivation, be disciplined, client/customer focused and ready to hit the ground running!
Director of Business Development Responsibilities
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling and prospecting throughout North and South Carolina for our full-service erosion control and site compliance services while continually managing existing customer accounts daily.
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plans, and annual quota for assigned territory, focusing sales and marketing efforts to meet or exceed this quota.
- Identify and investigate planned projects, prior to contract award, and establish a plan to win future work.
- Maintaining and building a customer base by developing a strong rapport with key clients and working to establish new customer opportunities.
- Become a trusted expert in all areas that govern the erosion control industry, by continuing to educate oneself through reading, attending professional seminars and group activities, as well as maintaining a personal network.
Director of Business Development Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of direct sales experience in the landscaping, erosion control or other construction services area.
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- A passion for the potential client and customer engagement to create and deepen relationships.
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Must have current contacts and ties within North and/or South Carolina construction services markets for residential, commercial and/or municipal.
- Construction services background.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com; Lightning preferred.
- Ties to local Chamber of Commerce and local, state and/or federal home builders, and related erosion control professional associations.
- Prior sales leadership position directly managing a team of sales professionals, a plus.
- Certification is erosion and sediment control, a plus.
Industry Leading Benefits
- Benefits package that includes; health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, etc.
- Competitive compensation package (base + commission)
- Car allowance
- Growth opportunities
- Additional ongoing training