We are seeking an experienced Sr. Purchasing Agent for a fast-growing homebuilder in the Atlanta, GA (Marietta) market. Experience as a Purchasing Agent or Estimator in the homebuilding industry is required as this builder is growing fast. The position will report directly to the VP of Purchasing.
Only local Purchasing Agent candidates with homebuilding experience will be considered. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
SR. PURCHASING AGENT OBJECTIVES:
- Work with trade partners to establish cost visibility and detailed quantification support in all major cost categories.
- Qualify material and labor hour counts. Establish field audit program to continuously improve our material accuracy.
- Work with trade partners and the construction team to identify and eliminate process inefficiencies and product waste.
- Facilitate the bidding and contracting process.
- Facilitate new community and plan buy-outs.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and enforcement of scopes of work.
- Assist in the resolution of daily trade partner and construction issues.
- Analyze, audit, and maintain house cost budgets.
- Work with the product design team to evaluate and reduce product build cost through “Value Engineering”.
- Establish effective buying programs to ensure competitive material acquisition costs.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager and the Newstar database manager in the development and issuance of effective and accurate purchase orders and detailed contract back-up.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assist with extra purchase order reviews and approvals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of product specification and option programs.
- Help train internal customers (Sales, Design Studio, Marketing, Construction, and Warranty) on specifications of products used, community specifications, and option programs.
- Facilitate document and records management to ensure proficient department auditing.
- Perform take-offs for all major categories to be used in Trade Partner negotiations.
- Establish and modify estimating templates to collect key data for negotiations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SR. PURCHASING AGENT:
- Previous Purchasing or Estimating Experience in the Homebuilding Industry – either with a builder or large supplier
- Must be highly proficient in Excel
- Candidate must be highly analytical
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents
- Candidate must be detail oriented
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must have excellent overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Newstar Experience is a plus
- Build Pro Experience is a plus
- Health Care – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Matching Contributions
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Employee Home Purchase Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)