Building Materials & Installation Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Project Manager for a leading metal railing fabrication company in Georgia. The Project Manager will lead subcontractor crews that install commercial and multi-family railings throughout Georgia and the Carolinas.
If you have experience as a foreman or manager in the metal fabrication industry or with the installation of large-scale metal projects in a commercial or multi-family setting and are great at managing crews, this might be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Project Manager will be responsible for making daily project site visits to maintain client relationships, promote a culture of safety, and ensure a quality product. Setting customer expectations before, during, and after product installation is a critical responsibility for this role.
The corporate office’s primary location is between Augusta and Atlanta. It is essential that the Project Manager routinely visit the company headquarters near Eatonton, GA, before making site visits. It is also necessary to have experience managing several subcontractor crews that aren’t nearby.
If you are a career-driven individual who wants to join a strong, successful, and highly respected team, this opportunity may be for you. The top candidates will have a strong work ethic, a passion for fulfilling commitments, remarkable enthusiasm, and a sincere commitment to client satisfaction.
The comp, bonus opportunity, auto plan, and benefits are very competitive for this opportunity.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, and enhances client relationships
- Takes a hands-on approach to assuring world-class installations
- Partners with sales and scheduling during the construction phase to ensure the project is delivered per specification and schedule
- Assures trade contractors support construction schedules
- Develops, updates, and reviews the project schedule on a daily and regular basis
- Maintains quality control by frequent and regular inspection of work in progress and completed phases of construction
- Provides proactive and intentional leadership in enforcing quality and site condition standards / maintains construction safety
- Supports and coordinates interface between design and field construction
- Reviews and approves progress payment requests to ensure that work in place matches payment and submits for approval
- Receives and reviews applications for extra construction work by contractors and sends for approval
- Leads the on-site construction team and provides direction, support, and feedback to team members
- Develops, maintains, and enhances contractor and vendor relationships
- Coaches, mentors, and trains field personnel
Project Manager Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience as a metal shop foreman or metal-related installation manager
- Working knowledge of field construction: systems, practices, safety, and procedures
- Working knowledge of general engineering principles and construction techniques, materials, methods, and sequencing
- Knowledge of basic scheduling techniques (i.e., Critical Path Method)
- Ability to interpret construction documents
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, supervisory, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project (preferred)
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- Outstanding growth potential as our client promotes 80% of their managers from within
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays