LBM / Building Materials Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Millwork Director of a leasing building supplier in Boise, ID.
The Millwork Director analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing millwork business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements in Millwork. The millwork leader collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on technology utilization, increased productivity and reduced cost.
Essential Millwork Director Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure the organization is leveraging technology to drive efficiencies and cost savings. Partner with IT to determine a roadmap of technology solutions that will drive process efficiency and resource accountability by streamlining communications, eliminating paper processes, and providing visibility.
- Ensure system application development aligns with Operational efficiency or expectations.
- Work with operations and HR to manage cultural impacts of change, develop training for all processes.
- Oversee the implementation roll-out schedule that aligns with technology adoption readiness and the ERP/technology solution schedule.
- Responsible for directing special projects designed to drive business efficiencies and improve the overall quality of operational performance. Special projects and assignment details vary depending on the area of specialty.
Millwork Director Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of directly related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior leadership experience in a General Manager or Regional Operations role in the building materials industry strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems and capabilities that impact distribution operations and product delivery is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in working through new processes and cultural change.
- Ability to work with IT in developing requirements for new solutions
- Experience implementing new IT systems in a distribution environment
Work Environment / Physical Activity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office setting and generally sedentary, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent travel may be required.