We are seeking an experienced Division Controller for a leading homebuilder in the Detroit, MI market. Experience with a high volume builder is preferred as the builder is among the largest in the market and growing fast. Local and non-local candidates with homebuilding experience will get immediate consideration.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
DIVISION CONTROLLER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs financial statement analysis and monthly results review.
- Monitors division procedures and internal controls.
- Prepares financial analysis of land deals.
- Monitors/reviews land A/P overages, change orders and land job costs budgets.
- Prepares annual and revised housing and land budget planning.
- Prepares land job costs budgets by section and common budgets.
- Assists with information systems implementations: JDE, HMS, etc.
- Prepares/reviews land tracking reports to include: GAAP/Non-GAAP costs, transfer pricing, lot availability, cost to complete reserves and developed lot purchase schedules.
- Monitors costs, budgeting, accounts payable, etc. related to joint ventures and CDA’s.
- Monitors balance sheet items to include real estate tax and HOA accruals.
- Assists with land agendas.
- Researches financial statement variances, job cost variances, etc.
- Assists with division review materials.
- Reviews land contracts for FIN 46 applications.
- Assists Corporate Accounting with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Assists the Housing Land Controller and Area Presidents with special projects.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR DIVISION CONTROLLER:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years experience combined with 5 to 7 years of industry experience. CPA/Public Accounting preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and finance practices along with job costing, budgeting, and strategic
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel program.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Confident working closely with upper management and corporate executives.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays