Corporate Director of Construction
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are teaming with a leading private homebuilder in Delaware Beaches, DE, searching for a Corporate Director of Construction to effectively manage and be directly responsible for the construction operations for three markets in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. A strong construction background with a fast-paced homebuilder is necessary for this role, and only candidates with homebuilding experience will be considered.
Local and non-local candidates will be considered. This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the best / brightest leadership on a divisional and corporate level in the homebuilding industry.
This candidate will provide direction, support, and leadership for each market’s construction leader and be instrumental in implementing and maintaining systems, procedures, quality standards, and cost efficiencies following company standards. The comp, benefits, and personal and professional growth opportunities are very strong for this opportunity.
Corporate Director of Construction Responsibilities:
- Monitor overhead costs concerning total volume and review and approve all department budgets.
- Monitor the start-to-close and backlog process every month to facilitate the business plan’s achievement while ensuring consistent activity levels in all departments.
- Provide ongoing direction, support, and management to the Homebuilding Supervisor team.
- Ensure homes are built on the budget, on time, and per the company’s quality standards.
- Assist in the value engineering of all construction products and procedures.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all start packages.
- Monitor variance information and strategize with department managers to identify and correct recurring or preventable problems.
- Ensure all job site activities comply with the company’s established safety policies and procedures and OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Ensure that all homebuilding personnel’s systems and equipment are as up-to-date and effective as possible.
- Ensure all established processes and systems relative to homebuilding personnel are being adhered to as formulated, and initiate the development and implementation of new construction-related methods to enhance and improve construction operations.
- Ensure all models and community features meet the established appearance standards.
- Review exceptions to the warranty standards and identify strategies for correcting recurring or preventable problems.
- Review all warranty expenses and approve any items requiring approval.
- Review all customer survey results every quarter and formulate strategies for addressing areas of concern.
- Recruit, interview, and hire all reporting positions.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform all position requirements successfully.
- Establish performance expectations with direct reports and provide the support and direction they need to achieve the desired results.
Corporate Director of Construction Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years of experience in homebuilding required
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Health care with medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Disability programs
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- Vacation and company holidays