Corporate Controller Job Opening in Las Cruces, NM
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Corporate Controller for the largest homebuilder headquartered in New Mexico. Requirements for the position include experience with a high-volume builder supporting multiple markets. Our client’s company culture is focused on results while promoting work/life balance, emphasizing team spirit. Local and non-local candidates with homebuilding experience will get immediate consideration.
Reporting to the CFO, the right candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting, and financial projections. The controller will act as the conscience for the organization, which involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement, and challenging the entire management team’s thinking and decisions. The right candidate will also lead senior management in compliance with company policies and act as the liaison between the division and the corporate office as it relates to accounting and finance issues.
Corporate Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating procedures and policies established by the company.
- Report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the company’s financial and accounting policies.
- Must fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting system deployed in the operating divisions, and utilize the system to its full capabilities.
- Responsible for the budgeting process and must ensure that all budgets input to the computerized accounting system reflect the company’s contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times.
- Preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by corporate management.
- Hold the primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of divisional information systems applications.
- Responsibility for all banking activities rests with the controller and must be executed following policies and procedures issued by the corporate office.
- Perform in both the financial and operational segments of the business.
- Devote a portion of their time in the operational arena, field visits as necessary.
- Directly supervise four employees in the Accounting Department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities per the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Additional responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications for Corporate Controller
- Current experience working for a home builder as a controller or similar
- Six to eight years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Accounting
- Experience with MarkSystems software
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Confident working closely with upper management and corporate executives.
Industry-Leading Home Builder Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Profit-Sharing Plan
- Auto and cell phone allowance
- 401k + company match
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance (100% company-paid)