Construction Manager Job Opening in Columbus, GA
Residential Homebuilding Career Opportunity
We’re teaming with a leading homebuilder in Columbus, GA, searching for a Construction Manager to effectively manage and be directly responsible for the construction field operations for one or more of their single-family communities. A construction background with a fast-paced, high-volume homebuilder is necessary.
Attention Superintendents, Field Managers, and Construction Managers: We seek high drive, ambitious candidates with a proactive, get-it-done attitude. Work with some of the best / brightest leadership on a divisional and corporate level in the homebuilding industry.
As a Community Construction Manager, you’ll manage subcontractors and maintain systems, procedures, quality standards, and cost efficiencies following company standards to build beautiful homes. The comp, company benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are solid for this opportunity.
Construction Manager Responsibilities
- Monitor the start-to-close and backlog process monthly to facilitate the achievement of the business plan while ensuring consistent activity levels in all departments.
- Ensure homes are built on a budget, on time, and per the quality standards established by the company.
- Assist in the value engineering of all construction products and procedures.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all start packages.
- Monitor variance information and strategize with department managers to identify and correct recurring or preventable problems.
- Ensure all job site activities comply with the company’s established safety policies and procedures and OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Ensure the systems and equipment being utilized by all homebuilding personnel are as up-to-date and effective as possible.
- Ensure all established processes and systems relative to homebuilding personnel are being adhered to as formulated, and initiate the development and implementation of new construction-related techniques to enhance and improve construction operations.
- Ensure all models and community features meet the established appearance standards.
- Review exceptions to the warranty standards and identify strategies for correcting recurring or preventable problems.
- Review all warranty expenses and approve any items requiring approval.
- Review all customer survey results quarterly and formulate strategies for addressing areas of concern.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform all position requirements successfully.
- Establish performance expectations with direct reports and provide the support and direction to achieve the desired results.
Construction Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years of experience in home building is required.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities.
- Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis.
- Public speaking experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
Industry Leading Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
Apply Below and Follow Us on LinkedIn Here