Business Development Representative
Building Materials and Services Career Opportunity
Our client is a leading building industry environmental subcontractor in the southeast that is rapidly expanding in Raleigh. We are seeking a Business Development Representative with construction-related or dirt-moving account experience in the southeast.
Do you have experience selling building materials or services in the residential construction industry?
The ideal candidate will be local to Raleigh or the surrounding area and have sales experience servicing the construction industry. Your primary responsibility will be to add environmental control accounts with leading homebuilders, land developers, and heavy land equipment contractors. Our client offers comprehensive erosion control, specialty materials, forestry, and other site clean-up/control services to a wide variety of clients. The comp, the benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are very competitive for this opportunity.
The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The top candidate will be equally comfortable meeting with residential/commercial builders, construction site managers, project managers, estimators, and engineers; while continuing to canvas for prospective business and providing the same support to existing clients.
Business Development Representative Responsibilities
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling, and prospecting throughout North and South Carolina for our full-service erosion control and site compliance services while continually managing existing customer accounts daily.
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plans, and annual quota for assigned territory, focusing sales and marketing efforts on meeting or exceeding this quota.
- Identify and investigate planned projects before contract award, and establish a plan to win future work.
- Maintaining and building a customer base by developing a strong rapport with key clients and establishing new customer opportunities.
- Become a trusted expert in all areas that govern the erosion control industry by continuing to educate oneself through reading, attending professional seminars and group activities, as well as maintaining a personal network.
Business Development Representative Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of direct sales experience in the landscaping, erosion control, or other construction services area.
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- A passion for the potential client and customer engagement to create and deepen relationships.
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Must have current contacts and ties within North and South Carolina construction services markets for residential, commercial, and municipal.
- Construction services background.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com; Lightning preferred.
- Ties to local Chamber of Commerce and local, state, and federal home builders and related erosion control professional associations.
- Prior sales leadership position directly managing a team of sales professionals, a plus.
- Certification is erosion and sediment control, a plus.
Industry Leading Benefits
- Benefits package that includes; health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, etc.
- Competitive compensation package (base + commission)
- Car allowance
- Growth opportunities
- Additional ongoing training