Architectural Manager Job Opening in New Mexico
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking an Architectural Manager for a fast-growing public homebuilder in the Southwest. This position will oversee the product development department, which serves multiple markets. The product development department provides architectural plans, master plan approvals at local jurisdictions, model home and sales center plans, architectural marketing materials, reviews and approves engineering plans and provides plan library creation and maintenance.
Architectural Manager Responsibilities
- Lead the product development department to provide excellent service to multiple divisions.
- Continuous market studies to maintain current knowledge of competition, residential design trends, and construction methods.
- Collaborate with division leadership to determine new product needs.
- Manage internal and external designers for design aesthetics and efficiency in the creation of new products.
- Oversee the drafting team, including hiring, training, disciplining, and providing leadership and recommendations for process improvement.
- Oversee new product schedules and deadlines.
- Provide plan check and quality control processes to ensure accuracy of all construction documents.
- Understand code requirements and ensure plan compliance per jurisdiction.
- Attend frame walks and final walks and oversee plan adjustments.
- Oversee master plan approval process in relevant jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with the Divisions to provide model home and sales center plans.
- Oversee creation of architectural marketing materials in conformance with approved plans.
- Maintain plan library to catalog all plans according to specific criteria.
- Exemplary commitment to company mission, vision, and values.
Architectural Manager Requirements
- Five years minimum as a member of the architectural department of a national homebuilder.
- Four-year degree in architecture, design, construction management, or related field.
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced with spreadsheets and project scheduling software.
Industry-Leading Home Builder Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Profit-Sharing Plan
- Auto and cell phone allowance
- 401k + company match
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance (100% company-paid)