Vice President of Land Development Job Opening in Orlando, FL
Residential Construction / Homebuilding Career Opportunity
We are excited to invite an accomplished Vice President of Land Development to join our client’s rapidly growing homebuilding company in the Orlando, FL, market.
This pivotal role perfectly suits current Vice Presidents of Land, Directors of Land Development, or Senior Land Development Managers seeking to advance their careers in a vibrant and forward-moving environment.
The position is a great opportunity for professionals with a robust background in land development and management.
Our client seeks individuals skilled in building strong municipal relationships and efficiently managing the land development lifecycle.
- In-Depth Expertise: Seeking a seasoned professional with extensive experience in land development and planning within the homebuilding industry.
- Strategic Leadership: Lead and oversee all aspects of land development, playing a key role in community growth and municipal engagement.
- Collaborative Planning: Actively craft development plans alongside engineers and planners, shaping the design and growth of various communities.
- Operational Excellence: Guide the land development team, ensuring thorough due diligence, efficient engineering of site plans, and the creation of detailed land development budgets.
- Community Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with local communities and municipalities, crucial for the successful development and approval of new projects.
- Professional Development: Take advantage of opportunities for personal and professional growth in a nurturing and challenging environment, contributing to the company’s ongoing success.
Vice President of Land Development Responsibilities
Land Development Planning
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of land development projects, from initial concept to final implementation.
- Monitor market trends and local developments to guide strategic land development decisions.
- Cultivate networks with land brokers, local officials, and developers to identify potential development opportunities.
- Evaluate and present market data and analyses to assess the viability of development projects.
- Initiate projects by identifying parcels, negotiating with owners, conducting due diligence, and collaborating with legal teams to draft agreements.
- Oversee the entitlement process, ensuring compliance and securing necessary approvals.
Land Feasibility and Due Diligence
- Conduct thorough assessments of potential sites for development suitability.
- Understand local zoning and subdivision ordinances to ensure compliance in development plans.
- Work with engineers to create preliminary layouts, considering site limitations and regulatory standards.
- Execute detailed due diligence and site feasibility studies, focusing on regulatory requirements and design efficiency.
- Develop schedules and budget estimates for site approval and development.
- Coordinate with regional management and consultants to optimize design and cost elements.
Land Development Execution
- Direct the progression of real estate development projects, from site selection to obtaining final development permits.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including property owners, HOAs, and authorities, to advocate for and support project proposals.
- Manage the preparation and refinement of site design criteria and oversee engineers for site plan approvals.
- Work closely with the Land Development Manager to implement cost-effective and compliant development strategies.
- Engage with construction teams and consultants for technical input and value engineering.
- Develop and review contracts with design professionals and vendors.
- Facilitate regular meetings with project teams, consultants, and municipal bodies throughout the development process.
- Navigate various entitlement stages, managing rezoning requests, variances, and master planning activities.
- Build relationships with government staff to streamline approvals and address challenges.
Vice President of Land Development Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in land development within the homebuilding sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate Development, Urban Planning, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing land development strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on building effective relationships.
- Strong background in contract negotiation and development agreements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Premier Homebuilding Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package: Enjoy a comprehensive salary and a significant company bonus opportunity.
- Full Health Benefits: Access to premium medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Retirement Planning: Participate in a 401(k) plan for long-term financial security.
- Disability and Life Insurance: Comprehensive policies to safeguard you and your family.
- Work-Life Balance: Generous vacation time and company holidays for relaxation and family time.