Chief Financial Officer Job Opening in Columbus, OH
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are teaming up with a leading national homebuilder in Columbus, OH, searching for a CFP.
The CFO is responsible for all aspects of financial strategy, financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting, treasury management, and data-driven decision-making. The CFO also develops and oversees IT, HR, tax, and risk management functions. As part of the leadership team, the CFO infuses the corporate culture established by the principals into every aspect of critical decision-making. The team plays a crucial role in the growth strategy, ensuring financial practices align with the business objectives.
Local and non-local candidates will be considered. This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the best / brightest leadership in the homebuilding industry on a divisional and corporate level. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are considered top-tier with this opportunity.
Chief Financial Officer Responsibilities
- Partners with banks/private equity to secure and structure applicable financing needed for land acquisition, lot development, home construction, and strategic growth opportunities.
- Oversees the development and monitoring of a cash management plan developed by the operating team.
- Oversees the development and monitoring of the corporate budget and the land and construction budgets for four regions, including Columbus, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Indianapolis.
- Develops and communicates the approval process for corporate and regional budget variances.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to the principals and the leadership team while ensuring that corporate policies and procedures are carried out, and assets are spent wisely.
- Collaborates closely with the leadership team to establish internal policies and controls that promote the higher well-being of the company relating to sales, purchasing, construction, land acquisition and development, job starts, and closings.
- Ensure the company’s books are prepared and closed within the monthly, quarterly, and yearly guidelines and that the financial statements accurately reflect the operations.
- Ensure compliance with all financial covenants as required by company lenders and partners.
- Oversees the IT function and analyzes, improves, and implements new policies and procedures to keep up with technology enhancements and create more efficient operations.
- Oversee the human resources function to review recommended benefits strategies, including monitoring costs of self-insured medical plans, salaries, incentive plans, bonus calculations, and fiduciary responsibilities for the 401K plan.
- Responsible for ensuring top talent resides in the finance and accounting department to ensure all functional areas, including general accounting, financing, and cash management, job and corporate budgeting, payroll, taxes, and insurance, accounts payable, auditing, human resources, and information technology are operating according to best practices, approved policies, and applicable laws.
- Ensure the company is tax compliant with federal, state, and local jurisdictions and files timely income, use, CAT, and payroll tax returns.
- Oversee the company’s financial and 401K audits with external auditors and any federal and state tax audits.
- Oversee the company’s risk management area to ensure the company’s assets and risk exposures are adequately insured.
Chief Financial OfficerRequirements
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA required with Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of experience with a national public accounting firm
- 5-10 years of experience demonstrating progression in responsibilities, preferably in the homebuilding industry
- Extensive accounting and operations experience includes job costing, general ledger accounting, and a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Has a proven track record of creating and supporting a team culture.
- Ability to lead and manage all assigned staff, including establishing expectations, ensuring resources necessary for success, coaching, promoting a positive and ethical work environment, and holding staff accountable.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies individually and in groups.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, negotiating, and managing complex interpersonal dynamics.
- Strong work ethic, team player, collaborator, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Industry Leading Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health care with medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- 401(k) with company-matching contributions
- Disability programs
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- Vacation and company holidays
Apply Below and Follow Us on LinkedIn Here
Are you looking for a well-formatted resume design that's ATS-friendly and super simple to edit? Then look no further than the resume MatchBuilt leverages for every candidate we counsel.
- An easy-to-scan design developed by leading executive resume writers and updated for 2023.
- Used by thousands of MatchBuilt candidates and loved by hundreds of our clients.
- The template can be tailored for any job, industry, career length, experience level, or background.
- Word .doc and Mac .pages downloads are included and compatible with Google Docs.
- No custom fonts to download and integrate. Just download and edit.