Vice President of Land Acquisition Career Opportunity
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
A leading regional homebuilder with operations in Nashville, TN, is searching for a Vice President of Land to support their growing operations. Land Acquisition experience leading a high-volume builder in Nashville is a requisite for this opportunity.
As Vice President of Land, you will continually monitor, search and identify new sites in locations designated to support aggressive growth plans in the market.
Only candidates with high volume land acquisition experience with a home builder will be considered for this opportunity.
Vice President of Land Acquisition Responsibilities:
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Oversee potential new projects for the division, including identifying parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparation of corporate approval package.
- Responsible for the review/preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis, and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine the liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends, and opportunities and generate prospective land deals by networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking report for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities, other homebuilders, and lot developers
- To oversee all homeowner associations (HOAs) from both a financial and operations perspective to ensure we maintain beautiful communities and positively contribute to our customers’ homeowner experience
- To work collaboratively with all functional peers as a member of the division leadership team.
- Negotiate and prepare amendments to the existing land contracts as necessary.
Vice President of Land Candidates Possess These Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in land acquisition/divestiture and development required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and negotiate deal structures that facilitate projects’ conformance with applicable underwriting hurdles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Homebuilding Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays