Regional Sales Manager
Building Materials and Services Career Opportunity
Our client is a leading building industry environmental subcontractor in the southeast that is rapidly expanding in North and South Carolina. We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager with local and national account experience to support markets in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greenville, and Columbia. Please note that we are only considering candidates with building materials experience in the southeast at this time.
Do you have experience selling building materials or services in the residential construction industry?
The ideal candidate will be local to Charlotte and have sales management experience servicing the residential construction industry. You will not only sell and grow your territory but you’ll also lead a small team of sales representatives. Our client offers comprehensive erosion control, specialty materials, forestry, and other site clean-up/control services to a wide variety of clients. The comp, the benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth are very competitive for this opportunity.
The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The top candidate will be equally comfortable meeting with residential/commercial builders, construction site managers, project managers, estimators, and engineers; while continuing to canvas for prospective business and providing the same level of support to existing clients.
Regional Sales Manager Responsibilities
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling, and prospecting throughout North and South Carolina for our full-service erosion control and site compliance services while continually managing existing customer accounts daily.
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plans, and annual quota for assigned territory, focusing sales and marketing efforts to meet or exceed this quota.
- Identify and investigate planned projects, before contract award, and establish a plan to win future work.
- Maintaining and building a customer base by developing a strong rapport with key clients and working to establish new customer opportunities.
- Become a trusted expert in all areas that govern the erosion control industry by continuing to educate oneself through reading, attending professional seminars, and group activities, as well as maintaining a personal network.
Regional Sales Manager Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of direct sales experience in the landscaping, erosion control, or other construction services area.
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- A passion for the potential client and customer engagement to create and deepen relationships.
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Must have current contacts and ties within North and South Carolina construction services markets for residential, commercial, and municipal.
- Construction services background.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com; Lightning preferred.
- Ties to local Chamber of Commerce and local, state, and federal home builders and related erosion control professional associations.
- Prior sales leadership position directly managing a team of sales professionals, a plus.
- Certification is erosion and sediment control, a plus.
Industry Leading Benefits
- Benefits package that includes; health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, etc.
- Competitive compensation package (base + commission)
- Car allowance
- Growth opportunities
- Additional ongoing training