Regional Human Resources Manager Homebuilding Job
We are teaming with a leading national homebuilder to fill the position of Regional Human Resources Manager / HR Business Partner. The position will be based in Northern Virginia / Metro DC and support several markets in Metro DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We are seeking a strong HR leader and partner with an excellent recruiting background.
It is NOT critical that candidates have homebuilding or related industry experience. This position will report directly to an executive leader in the region, and support the Division Presidents within the region.
KEY SKILL SET / EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for talent acquisition and talent development.
- Strong desire to join a market leader and lead their efforts to attract, hire and develop an awesome team.
- Extremely organized, high energy, optimistic, creative, fun, self-motivated, collaborative, hands-on, detail-oriented and flexible.
- A strong HR business partner background.
Regional Human Resources Manager Objectives
- Recruit, interview, and recommend employment candidates to fill vacant positions across all departments of the company.
- Manage the needs analysis process and develop sourcing strategies based on position description and locations.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for new employees to ensure productive acclimation to the company and foster a positive attitude toward company goals.
Maintain Employee Records and Files:
- Monitor personnel actions (such as hires, promotions/demotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations) and employee relations issues (such as employee complaints, employee injury rates, etc).
- Establish policy and ensure compliance related to employee relations, anti-discrimination issues, equal employment opportunities, compensation and time and attendance administration, and employee benefits.
- Monitor and submit insurance claims related to worker’s compensation, disability, pregnancy disability and family medical leave, and COBRA administration.
- Support the payroll and the benefits program for the region.
Regional Human Resources Manager Qualifications
- Construction or homebuilding experience not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- Strong staffing (exempt & non-exempt operations) and employee relations experience
- Competent knowledge of HRIS / systems, payroll, compensation, benefits, change management, employee orientation/education and regulatory compliance is expected
- 4-8 years of experience with recruiting, employment and benefits.
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
Regional Human Resources Manager Critical Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work at high levels in a fast-paced environment