Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager for one of the leading private homebuilders in Tampa, FL. Experience as a Purchasing Manager, Sr. Purchasing Agent, Estimating Manager is preferred as the builder is growing fast and among the largest in the market.
This position is perfect for the experienced Sr. Purchasing Agent seeking the next level of opportunity or the Purchasing Manager seeking a change to a local leader. Homebuilding and estimating experience is a must.
Local purchasing candidates are preferred. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
Purchasing Manager Objectives:
- Estimate materials for new plans
- Starting and permitting homes
- Create and maintain accurate material take-offs
- Monitor material usage in the field for overages/shortages to update/correct material take-offs
- Record and analyze take-off data through Microsoft Excel
- Assist Division team with plan value engineering
- Maintain Division’s insurance compliance
- Update/Correct purchase order issues
- Maintain vendor files and contracts
- Prepare bid requests for new/existing plans
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on subcontractor and material increases/decreases
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on construction costs by plan
- Participate in prototype-walks and incorporate proto-walk changes into the plans and specification
- Assist in evaluating new bid proposal
- A qualified candidate will possess 4+ years of purchasing experience within the home building industry
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred and APP (Accredited Purchasing Professional) designation helpful
- Experience with Homefront, AutoCAD, FAST, MS Suite, and OnBase most helpful
- Knowledge of all construction practices nationwide
- Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Market-leading compensation
- Short and Long Term Disability and much more.