Purchasing Manager Job Opening in Delaware Beaches
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Purchasing Manager for a market-leading home builder in Deleware Beaches.
The Purchasing Manager will support all aspects of the purchasing department, including budgets, trade partner contracts, bidding, trade partner relationships, cycle time, value engineering, and product development in coordination with the Division President.
This position will be responsible for collaborating with other team members to help achieve the highest level of performance by developing and implementing fluid and manageable job costing processes and procedures.
Purchasing Manager Objectives
- Manage the purchasing and cost estimating functions from product development through production.
- Responsible for all contract administration, including the communication and management of trade partners’ performance issues and remedies.
- Keep current on market trends, pricing fluctuations, and product availability.
- Provide training and leadership to the purchasing team for each individual’s growth and development.
- Bids plans with qualified subcontractors and vendors and obtains quality work at competitive pricing.
- Work closely with the construction team to identify and address potential issues.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities
- Initiate, negotiate, and contract for all labor and materials associated with home construction.
- Oversee and manage correct contract information, purchase orders, options, and pricing in the BRIX system.
- Ensure house budgets are accurate and up to date for senior management presentation at monthly cost price review meetings.
- Participate in bi-weekly project walks consisting of meeting with trade partners, project managers, and sales.
- Manage the builder’s vendor watch list program in collaboration with the construction management team.
- Create and manage cost estimates in collaboration with the community development department for all project proformas.
- Manage and control all project and product specifications and scopes of work.
- Will oversee the processing of all applicable RFI’s from approval through execution.
- Assist VP of Operations with special projects as needed.
Purchasing Manager Requirements
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree in construction, business, or another related field or have 4+ years of purchasing experience.
- High level of understanding of system applications in one or more homebuilding software packages and experience in NewStar and OnLocation preferred.
- Organized, professional, detailed, work well under pressure. Excellent computer, written, verbal communication skills.
- A highly motivated person with the ability to motivate others.
- Works well independently and with others as a team.
- Strong negotiating and relationship skills.
- Skilled at reading and understanding construction documents with comprehensive knowledge of residential building practices.
- Strong background in home building materials and labor pricing.