Purchasing Coordinator Job Opening in Huntsville, AL
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator for a fast-growing local builder (400+ units per year) in the Huntsville, AL market with an excellent reputation. The Purchasing Coordinator will support all aspects of the purchasing department, including budgets, trade partner contracts, bidding, trade partner relationships, cycle time, value engineering, and product development in coordination with the Director of Purchasing.
This position will be responsible for collaborating with other team members to help achieve the highest level of performance by developing and implementing fluid and manageable job costing processes and procedures.
Only local Purchasing Agent candidates will be considered at this time. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this home building purchasing opportunity.
Purchasing Coordinator Objectives
- Coordinate the negotiating and executing of contracts for the purchase of all residential construction materials and labor
- Prepare bid packages, collect pricing, negotiate contracts, maintain scopes of work, administer contracts
and control budgets.
- Manage and maintain architectural plans ensuring plans meet required code, plans used by production
match plans used for bidding and budgeting and serve as the liaison between local architecture firm(s) and
- Involved with trade management, vendor loading/assignment, bi-directional service, and quality and vendor contracting.
- Manage and maintain cost and price data for community specifications and standard option offerings.
- Key involvement in the new home design and the value engineering process.
- Mentor and train other personnel within the purchasing department and within the division.
- Oversee vendor training and new contractor orientations.
- Accountable for all vendor rebates and incentive recognition in the division.
- Accountable for quarterly look-forward forecasting of brick and mortar costs.
- Assist the VP of Purchasing with researching and implementing new products, construction processes
- Ensures closed-loop interdepartmental communication and issue resolution.
Qualifications of the Homebuilding Purchasing Coordinator
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing and estimating required.
- Ability to read and understand residential blueprints.
- Efficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, JD Edwards, and other software systems.
- Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide.
- Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Valid auto insurance coverage.
Industry-Leading Homebuilding Industry Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health Care – medical/dental/vision/prescription drug coverage
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Vacation & company holidays