Residential Construction / Home Builder Job Opportunity
We are seeking a Project Manager for a luxury builder on St. Simons Island and the surrounding area. As the Division Project Manager, you will plan, organize, supervise, and execute the construction of custom homes, models, and showcase homes. You will work directly with the President and Director of Purchasing to ensure that all quality standards and customers’ needs are met.
If you meet the following required qualifications, have a passion for custom home building and customer satisfaction, be prepared to interview and start work immediately.
If you are a career-driven individual who wants to join a strong, successful, and highly respected team, this opportunity may be for you. The top candidates will have a strong work ethic, a passion for fulfilling commitments, remarkable enthusiasm, and a sincere commitment to client satisfaction.
Project Manager Job Duties
- Plan, organize, and execute the building of custom and spec residential homes.
- Understand the scope-of-work and specifications of the project and determine appropriate construction methods.
- Schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other requirements.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, clients, and other pertinent parties.
- Lead the preconstruction meetings with clients and subcontractors
- Provide feedback for negotiating contracts with subcontractors, consultants, clients, and subcontractors.
- Identify preferred subcontractors and foster positive working relationships.
- Take action to deal with delays, adverse weather conditions, and emergencies at project sites.
- Confer with owners, subcontractors, and design professionals to resolve issues stemming from work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with engineers, architects, designers, subcontractors, and others regarding the construction process.
- Ensure job sites are prepared appropriately for subcontractors, and all materials are on site as scheduled.
- Perform quality control inspections throughout the build process.
- Work closely with designers and owners to implement their visions.
- Order materials and supplies that are necessary and specific to each project.
- Communicate potential change orders to the office.
- Maintain project schedule by updating Build Pro software the same day scheduling changes are made.
- Approve invoices and provide to accounting for processing.
- Provide reporting as needed to the President and Director of Purchasing.
- Meet weekly with the President and Director of Purchasing for project reviews
Project Manager Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in direct onsite construction management
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, building science, engineering, project management, or equivalent experience, preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and other architectural drawings, both formal and conceptual, for cost estimating and construction methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills to learn or use construction software’s experience with BuildPro or similar scheduling software preferred.
- Able to complete multiple, high-priority tasks while working independently.
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive salary package
- Outstanding growth potential as our client promotes 80% of their managers from within
- Lucrative profit sharing/employee stock ownership plan
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays