Project Manager / Inside Sales Person
LBM / Building Materials Career Opportunity
We are seeking a skilled Project Manager / Inside Sales Person for the Commercial Door Division of a leading building materials company.
Project Managers with this client are a skilled group of individuals that manage projects from the estimating stage through the completion of a project. The Project Manager / Inside Sales Person will work hand-in-hand with various in-house departments, customers, and vendors to initiate, detail, and actively manage numerous projects.
This opportunity requires an individual to be intuitive and solve problems using skills acquired through experience within the doors, frames, and building distribution industry. Our client believes in doing business with integrity and being the company of choice for both our customers and our team. Come build your career with an exciting and growing building product organization!
Project Manager / Inside Sales Essential Functions
- Collaboration with estimators (sales team) initially for review of project scope
- Reviewing architectural drawings and specifications
- Do take-offs of blueprints
- Taking Sales calls and working with walk-in customers
- Using experience and knowledge as they relate to building codes, life safety, and accessibility
- Creating submittals & shop drawings by combining door schedules with product data
- Documenting all aspects of any given project through contracts, change orders, sales orders, purchase orders, order acknowledgments, submittals, emails and/or other forms of correspondence
- Managing a number of commercial projects on a daily basis
- Solving complex issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Working with suppliers and vendors for product information, lead-times, and shipping details
- Staying on budget while providing material within the project scope
- Enter orders into the system for purchasing and fabrication
- Must attend and participate in all required meetings in relation to position and overall company
Project Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 1+ years of previous experience in the construction industry strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge within the trade of doors, frames, and hardware is highly preferred
- DHI Certifications (AHC, CDC, EHC, AOC) desired
- Experience in project management and familiarity with construction drawings & specifications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with advanced problem-solving techniques
- Proficient communication skills with timely follow-up
- Support our client’s values in the stated areas of safety, customer focus, teamwork, integrity and being a company of choice for both employees and customers.
Industry Leading Building Materials Benefits
- Growth opportunity to a great career path
- A principled approach to work, including honesty and integrity
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k)