We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager for one of the leading private homebuilders in Greenville, SC. Experience as a Project Manager, Area Construction Manager, Purchasing Manager, or Operations Manager is preferred as the builder is growing quickly.
This position is perfect for the experienced Project Manager or Purchasing Manager seeking the next level of opportunity seeking a change to a local leader.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
OPERATIONS MANAGER OBJECTIVES:
- Manage and maintain plans designs, blueprints and sales sheet floor plans for the division, including making revisions to plans based on as-built conditions, constructability issues, sales/marketing needs, etc
- Work in conjunction with the Division Construction Manager to update and maintain construction documentation with division-specific items including differences in scopes of work, cycle times, and differences in products and processes
- Work in conjunction with the Division Construction Manager to update and maintain foundation and subdivision specific schedule templates
- Development and implement ongoing sales, operations and builder training sessions including topics related to residential construction, systems/processes, etc
- Take ownership of P&L/budget responsibilities and ensure other team members understand and are responsible for the same
- Ensure a collaborative and team-oriented culture exists between purchasing, construction, and sales and facilitate these teams to work together to achieve division goals
- Work in conjunction with purchasing and estimating to ensure adequate trade base exist, provide training and feedback to existing trade partners as well as facilitate recruiting new trade partners to be brought on board
- Oversee the starts process and ensure jobs are moving from contract to start as quickly as possible
- Work in conjunction with the land development team to ensure lot delivery meets homebuilding teams expectations and provide feedback in the budgeting process to ensure budgets are realistic and accurate
- Create and update the lot fit matrix for new and ongoing communities
- Conduct weekly team meetings with construction, sales, and purchasing and estimating to review each job
- Visit homes under construction and look for ways to improve efficiency, quality, and margins in the field
- Provide trades with system training about scheduling, locating plans and selections for individual houses, finding PO/WO information, and facilitating any payment inquiries
- Work in conjunction with the Division Purchasing and Estimating manager to introduce new trades and subcontractors to the team and make the transition as smooth as possible
- Work with the Project Managers to answer questions about takeoffs, plan issues, specifications, scopes of work, etc
- Walk houses under construction looking for cost savings and value engineering opportunities
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager, approve all VPO requests and assist in providing feedback and identifying opportunities to improve takeoffs and budgets based on VPOs
- Complete research all applicable agencies to obtain information pertaining to requirements for permits i.e. building permits, sign permits, planning approvals, etc
- Work with project manager to get feedback on best sub/worst sub and address with vendors as needed
- Prepare timely budgetary numbers prior to job conception, setting standards for job profitability for team's execution and basis
- Negotiate, implement, and manage supplier contracts and service agreements to ensure consistent price levels and monitor price fluctuations
- Work well with sales staff, customers, and trade contractors and represent the company in a professional and positive manner
QUALIFICATIONS FOR OPERATIONS MANAGER:
- Combined 3-5 years of experience and education related to residential construction
- Experience with Builder software systems, Mark Systems, Builder MT, etc
- Experience purchasing for a high-volume home builder
- Solid knowledge of residential building plans & materials from foundation to finish
- Market leading compensation
- Short and Long Term Disability and much more.