Mortgage Company President
Financial Services Career Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Mortgage Company President for a leading correspondent lender in Atlanta. Our client works closely with residential construction homebuilders in several markets in the Southeast so having a clear understanding of the building process and driving a high capture rate is preferred. Additionally, 8+ years of mortgage leadership and origination experience with a correspondent or related lender is preferred.
We are looking for leaders with a track record of building strong, high performing teams. This is a great opportunity for a strategic executive to take on a fast-growing division in a great market. We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our client’s values of putting the customer – and their needs – first. The comp, equity share, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
The Mortgage Company President will be responsible for developing, implementing, and achieving the strategic and annual operating plans of the division. The top candidate will recruit, train, motivate, and manage their team to execute the agreed-upon plans and objectives of the company. In addition, they will ensure the policies, practices, and objectives established by their clients are properly interpreted and uniformly enforced throughout the company as well as compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Mortgage Company President Objectives
Organizational Continuity with Company Mission:
- Ensure that the mortgage lending division’s activities reflect the company mission statement.
- Drive capture rate with homebuilder clients.
- Manage the warehouse line of credit.
- Create an environment of collaboration and continuity among the mortgage staff.
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance the mortgage borrowing experience.
- Identify mechanisms to increase the division’s efficiency.
- Create a structure that supports a positive and encouraging environment surrounding the mortgage division’s internal and external interactions.
- Develops and achieves strategic business volume goals.
- Develops and executes market/business development plans designed to generate increased mortgage loan volumes from existing consumer base with in-house real estate loan officers.
- Develops and executes market/business development plans designed to generate increased mortgage loan volumes with outside real estate loan officers.
- Represents and promotes the company at various internal and external functions.
- Initiates, monitors, and reports results of mortgage origination activities.
- Directs all managers, supervisors, processors, and originators within the company.
- Maintains overall responsibility for all activities of the company’s mortgage loan originators.
- Responsible for the daily training and recruitment of the mortgage loan originators and the development of all staff within the company.
- Plans and implements an overall strategy for the company.
- Motivates staff to sell company products and services.
- Ensures responsive and cooperative lines of communication between and among all of the staff within the mortgage lending division.
- Provides information on loan products, policies, and procedures to branch and internal staff;
- Schedules and conducts training classes and workshops for branch and mortgage staff focusing on sales and performance;
- Assists staff in resolving conflicts and issues relative to loan origination.
- Schedules, select, disciplines and conducts performance appraisals for department staff
- Applies quality control guidelines to loan submission.
- Defines consumer needs and recommends action plans to meet the defined goals
- Ensures loans are submitted and processed in the department efficiently and timely
- Ensures time commitments for sold loans are honored
- Evaluates and writes recommendations to enhance and change the department’s operating activities and effectiveness
- Plans and organizes the activities of the Mortgage Loan Originators.
- Conducts meetings to inform employees of changes to company and departmental policies and procedures.
Mortgage Company President Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or closely related field preferred.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in mortgage leadership and originations is required.
- Extensive knowledge of FHA, VA, FNMA, and FHLMC guidelines as well as HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, TIL, and RESPA consumer laws required.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis.
- Public speaking experience a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player.
Industry-Leading Financial Services Benefits
- Competitive compensation with strong company profit-sharing and equity opportunity
- Health Care – medical/dental/vision/prescription drug coverage
- Disability programs
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- Vacation and company holidays