Land Entitlements & Due Diligence Manager
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Land Entitlements / Due Diligence Manager for one of the fastest-growing homebuilders in the Charleston, SC market. The primary role will be to support the Director of Land and Division President with the entitlement and due diligence process for the development of master-planned communities in coastal South Carolina. This position has a competitive compensation package with robust career progression opportunities.
Land Entitlements & Due Diligence Manager Responsibilities
- Research approvals, permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, affordable housing component/contribution, and building costs of raw land for new home communities.
- Oversee projects from the sketch plan to engineering approval (MS4 / OCRM).
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects through the use of permit schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports, Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
- Assist Director of Land with the review and evaluation of development plans and the value engineering for all new communities as well as existing communities.
- Take charge of the “Greenfolder” process, ensuring that the division completes all due diligence and internal approval items within a timeframe that meets third-party seller’s contractual requirements.
- Team with the Director of land to create the entitlement and development budgeting plan for each new neighborhood.
- Be an integral part of setting up and maintaining HOA Management for all neighborhoods.
- Act as the coordinator of land acquisition contracts and monitor contract compliance with the operations team and outside attorneys.
- Assist management in negotiating terms and specifics of land purchase and sale agreements.
- Act as liaison between closing attorneys and the Vice President of Finance to close on a property.
- Coordinate the corporate processes required for due diligence for the purchase of all new and existing properties.
- Assist with and manage development contracts, proposals, and other documents required for vendors regarding the development of a property.
- Be the liaison between subcontractors, consultants, real estate land brokers, governing agencies, utility company’s and other individuals and agencies relating to the land acquisition and development department.
- Receive and process invoices from subcontractors and vendors and direct them to the proper party for approval and payment.
- Develop a broad understanding of the market, including the competition, house types/sizes, price points, and sales absorptions for each county within the region.
Land Entitlements & Due Diligence Manager Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience are required for this role.
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to exercise initiative to achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling, and data management software. Knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Knowledge of sales/negotiating principles and real estate management.
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations
Industry-Leading Home Builder Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays