Land Acquisition Manager
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are teaming with a fast-growing homebuilder in search of a Land Acquisition Manager in the Tampa, FL market. The position will report to the Division President at this division. A land acquisition background with a leading home builder is required for this opportunity.
A college degree is a requirement, along with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing budgets and broker/seller relationships. Candidates with documented Land Acquisition experience in the Tampa market is preferred.
Are you an excellent networker, skilled negotiator, and savvy analyst with a passion for dirt? If so, our client offers the chance to utilize your skills and exercise your passion while building a career with a growing industry leader. As Land Acquisition Manager, you will continually monitor, search, and identify new sites in locations designated by senior management.
Land Acquisition Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Oversee potential new projects for the division, including identification of parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparation of Corporate Approval Package.
- Responsible for the review/preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends, and opportunities and generate prospective land deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers, and others.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking reports for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers
- Negotiate and prepare amendments to the existing land contracts as necessary.
Homebuilding Land Acquisition Manager Qualifications:
- Four-year degree with business emphasis preferred
- Three to five years of documented experience in successful land acquisition
- Demonstrated leadership & problem-solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Excellent salary package
- Outstanding growth potential as our client promotes 80% of their managers from within
- Lucrative profit sharing/employee stock ownership plan
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays