We are teaming with a fast-growing regional homebuilder to fill the position of Corporate Human Resources Manager. The position will be based in Jacksonville, FL. We are seeking a candidate with a strong recruiting and generalist background. Homebuilding or real estate development experience is preferred but not necessary. This position will report directly to the executive team and support numerous markets.
KEY SKILL SET / EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for talent acquisition and talent development.
- Strong desire to join an entrepreneurial company and lead their efforts to attract, hire and develop an awesome team.
- Extremely organized, high energy, optimistic, creative, fun, self-motivated, collaborative, hands-on, detail-oriented and flexible.
- History of recruiting and hiring “A” players through the entire recruiting and hiring process for hourly and salaried positions.
OBJECTIVES OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Recruit, interview, and recommend employment candidates to fill vacant positions across all departments of the company.
- Manage the needs analysis process and develop sourcing strategies based on position description and locations.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for new employees to ensure productive acclimation to the company and foster positive attitude toward company goals.
Maintain Employee Records and Files:
- Monitor personnel actions (such as hires, promotions/demotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations) and employee relations issues (such as employee complaints, employee injury rates, etc).
- Establish policy and ensure compliance related to employee relations, anti-discrimination issues, equal employment opportunities, compensation and time and attendance administration, and employee benefits.
- Monitor and submit insurance claims related to worker’s compensation, disability, pregnancy disability and family medical leave, and COBRA administration.
- Oversee the payroll and benefits program.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Construction or homebuilding experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field
- Strong staffing (exempt & non-exempt operations) and employee relations experience
- Competent knowledge of HRIS / systems, payroll, compensation, benefits, change management, employee orientation/education and regulatory compliance is expected
- 4-8 years of experience in recruiting, employment and benefits.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
CRITICAL SKILLS FOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER:
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work at high levels in a fast-paced environment