We are teaming with a leading private homebuilder in Charleston in search of a Vice President of Construction to effectively manage and be directly responsible for the homebuilding and customer service operations. A strong construction background with a fast paced high volume homebuilder is necessary. Only candidates with homebuilding experience will be considered for this role.
We are seeking candidates with high volume (300+ units) experience. Experience with a large public or private homebuilder is a must. Local and non-local candidates will be considered. Work with some of the best / smartest leadership on a divisional and corporate level in the homebuilding industry.
This candidate will oversee the field personnel and processes in implementing and maintaining systems, procedures, quality standards and cost efficiencies in accordance with company standards. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HOMEBUILDING VICE PRESIDENT OF CONSTRUCTION:
- Monitor overhead costs in relation to total volume.
- Review and approve all department budgets.
- Monitor the starts-to-close and backlog process on a monthly basis to facilitate achievement of the business plan while ensuring consistent activity levels in all departments.
- Provide ongoing direction, support, and management to the Homebuilding Supervisor team.
- Ensure homes are built on the budget, on time and in accordance with the quality standards established by the company.
- Assist in the value engineering of all construction products and procedures.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of all start packages.
- Monitor variance information and strategize with department managers to identify and correct recurring or preventable problems.
- Ensure all job site activities comply with the company’s established safety policies and procedures as well as with OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Ensure the systems and equipment being utilized by all homebuilding personnel are as up-to-date and effective as possible.
- Ensure all established processes and systems relative to homebuilding personnel are being adhered to as formulated, and initiate the development and implementation of new construction-related processes to enhance and improve construction operations.
- Ensure all models and community features meet the established appearance standards.
- Review exceptions to the warranty standards identify strategies for correcting recurring or preventable problems.
- Review all warranty expenses and approve any items requiring approval.
- Review all customer survey results on a quarterly basis and formulate strategies for addressing areas of concern.
- Recruit, interview and hire all reporting positions.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to direct reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to successfully perform all position requirements.
- Clearly, establish performance expectations with direct reports and provide the support and direction they need to achieve the desired results.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HOMEBUILDING VICE PRESIDENT OF CONSTRUCTION:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years experience in homebuilding required.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts and technical strategies on an individual and group basis. Public speaking experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays