We are seeking an experienced Vice President of Land Development for a leading homebuilder in Florida.
- The position will support a large geogaphy featuring many very large-scale traditional and active adult master planned communities.
- Experience with a high-volume homebuilder or developer that develops communities from raw dirt is required.
- A track record of successfully managing development budgets in excess of $100M is preferred.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
VICE PRESIDENT OF LAND DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES:
- Plans, directs and coordinates acquisition and land development activities.
- Oversees preparation of plats and plans, supervises the bid process for construction contractors.
- Secures approvals for development and construction with federal, state and local jurisdiction officials.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting, responsible for execution and financial performance of projects.
- Negotiates the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys or brokers.
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys.
- Manage due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with internal design and land development teams.
- Manage, coordinate resources for and meet all entitlement needs for land acquisitions.
- Monitor development phases and entitlement processes post-closing.
- Responsible for Homeowner’s Associations (HOA) meetings for residential land developments and operates the HOA until residents assume control.
- Build and maintain relationships with national, regional and local home builders as well as commercial builders.
- Assists with negotiations for the sale of residential lots to homebuilders as well as commercial tracts.
- Manage the day-to-day customer, partner, and/or vendor relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF LAND DEVELOPMENT:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 8+ years of senior-level experience acquiring and developing land for large-scale master planned communitites.
- A strong financial real estate and due diligence background to justify investment opportunities.
- A strong background in raw land entitlement and development.
- Knowledge of the Florida land market to include experience developing relationships and presenting to local landowners, civic officials, zoning officials, etc would be a strong benefit.
- Experience working within a “growth environment” for a firm going through heavy expansion would be a plus.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays