We are seeking a Purchasing Manager for a private homebuilder in the Sarasota market to produce accurate standard budgets, control and reduce costs as well as oversee the estimating team. Experience as a Purchasing Manager, Senior Purchasing Agent, or Estimator in the homebuilding industry is preferred as the builder is growing fast.
This position is perfect for the experienced Purchasing Agent seeking the next level of opportunity or the Purchasing Manager seeking a change to a local leader.
We are looking for dedicated, career-driven professionals to join our client’s team. You’ll work in a positive and supportive family-owned environment where you’ll find great opportunities for career development.
PURCHASING MANAGER OBJECTIVES:
- Administer accurate quantity take-offs and estimates.
- Monitor competitive bidding, contract negotiation, and value engineering. Re-bid trades if cost increases occur.
- Establish and maintain a trade contractor/supplier performance evaluation system and award program.
- Analyze cost codes by phase for cost-saving measures and techniques. Communicate any substantial hard-cost changes to Director of Purchasing and Estimating.
- Research and approve invoices and variance purchase orders to meet Accounting department deadlines.
- Stay current on building codes, construction techniques and trends affecting the home building industry.
- Maintain prices and quantities in Newstar as required.
- Create and maintain Bid Sheets/Unit Pricing (TC).
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PURCHASING MANAGER:
- Previous purchasing experience in the homebuilding industry.
- Single and multifamily construction.
- Analytical and highly proficient in Excel.
- Computer skills and understanding blueprints.
- Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Newstar and Build Pro experience a plus.
- Health Care – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Matching Contributions
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Employee Home Purchase Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)