We are seeking an Purchasing Manager for a private homebuilder in the Denver market. Experience as a Purchasing Manager, Senior Purchasing Agent, or Estimator in the homebuilding industry is preferred as the builder is growing fast. The position will report directly to the Division President.
This position is perfect for the experienced Purchasing Agent seeking the next level of opportunity or the Purchasing Manager seeking a change to a local leader.
Local Purchasing Manager candidates are preferred and will be given first look. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth is very strong for this opportunity.
PURCHASING MANAGER OBJECTIVES:
- Estimate materials for new plans
- Starting and permitting homes
- Create and maintain accurate material take-offs
- Monitor material usage in the field for overages/shortages to update/correct material take-offs
- Record and analyze take-off data through Microsoft Excel
- Assist Division team with plan value engineering
- Maintain Division’s insurance compliance
- Update/Correct purchase order issues
- Maintain vendor files and contracts
- Prepare bid requests for new/existing plans
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on subcontractor and material increases/decreases
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on construction costs by plan
- Participate in prototype-walks and incorporate proto-walk changes into the plans and specification
- Assist in evaluating new bid proposal
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PURCHASING MANAGER:
- Qualified candidate will possess 4+ years of purchasing experience within the home building industry
- Bachelors degree highly preferred and APP (Accredited Purchasing Professional) designation helpful
- Knowledge of New Star is preferred
- Knowledge of all construction practices nationwide
- Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Market leading compensation
- Short and Long Term Disability and a much more.