We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Agent for a fast-growing private homebuilder in the Denver, CO market. Experience as a Purchasing Agent or Estimator in the homebuilding industry is required as this builder is growing fast. The position will report directly to the Purchasing Manager.
Only local Purchasing Agent candidates will be considered at this time.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth is very strong for this opportunity.
PURCHASING AGENT OBJECTIVES:
- Estimate materials for new plans.
- Starting and permitting homes.
- Create and maintain accurate material take-offs.
- Monitor material usage in the field for overages/shortages to update/correct material take-offs.
- Record and analyze take-off data through Microsoft Excel.
- Assist Division team with plan value engineering.
- Maintain Division’s insurance compliance.
- Update/Correct purchase order issues.
- Maintain vendor files and contracts.
- Prepare bid requests for new/existing plans.
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on subcontractor and material increases/decreases.
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on construction costs by plan.
- Participate in prototype-walks. Incorporate proto-walk changes into the plans and specifications. Notify appropriate departments of plans and specification changes.
- Assist in evaluating new bid proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PURCHASING AGENT:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years experience in purchasing and estimating required
- Ability to read and understand residential blue prints.
- Efficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, JD Edwards, and other software systems.
- Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide.
- Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Short and Long Term Disability and a much more.