We are teaming with a large national homebuilder in search of an experienced Land Acquisition Manager in the Indianapolis area. The position will report to the Division President at this fast growing division. Experience with a high volume builder or developer in the MidWest is preferred.
Are you an excellent networker, skilled negotiator, and savvy analyst with a passion for dirt? If so, our client offers the chance to utilize your skills and exercise your passion while building a career with a growing industry leader!
As Land Acquisition Manager, you will continually monitor, search and identify new sites in locations designated by senior management. Upon identification of these sites, you’ll acquire control of the site through negotiation and execution of an Option to Purchase Land Contract. In addition, you’ll also perform in a staff role as a support and control function to monitor development progress, lot purchasing performance relative to contractual obligations and most importantly ensures that a supply of readily developed lots have been contracted within the proper levels risk.
You’ll determine the best sites for future homebuilding activities in tandem with our client’s overall strategic plans of regional objectives and market trends. You will monitor and maintain information on “for sale” ground, approval “pipeline parcels” and opportunities from existing developments in the designated target areas. This position offers the opportunity to build and maintain relationships with various members of the development community who are involved with or can provide our client with leads on or new tracts of ground.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain developer relationships
- Manage and coach a team to accomplish regional company goals
- Perform feasibility studies by considering technical, marketing & financial factors.
- Analyze timing of developments in conjunction with the business plan
- Monitor regional development activity & competitors’ completed homebuilding projects
- Act as liaison with engineers and developers to maximize “buildability” for the lots
- Negotiate favorable terms and conditions in land contracts
- Represent our client with community associations, local political bodies, and builder associations
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOW SKILLS:
- Four-year degree with business emphasis preferred
- Two to four years of documented experience in successful land acquisition
- Demonstrated leadership & problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills while maintaining a focus on human relations
- Experience with contract negotiation and terms agreement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Valid US work authorization
- Current Driver’s License
WHEN YOU WORK FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER, WE REWARD YOU WITH:
- Excellent Salary Package
- Outstanding Growth Potential (80% of our managers have been promoted from within)
- Lucrative Profit Sharing/Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Home Purchase Discount