We are seeking a Construction Field Manager for a private homebuilder in the Denver market. Experience as a Superintendent, Field Manager, or Project Manager in the homebuilding industry is preferred as the builder is growing fast with many new communities opening. The position will report directly to the VP of Operations.
This position is perfect for the experienced Superintendent seeking the next level of opportunity and a great development plan.
Only local Construction Field Manager candidates will be considered. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very competitive for this opportunity.
PRIMARY CONSTRUCTION FIELD MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Validate schedule progression and adherence, and product quality
- Work with team to share feedback and improve planning activities, including, but not limited to: Vendor coaching and performance feedback through schedule and quality recordables
- Design quality, materials management, budget accuracy, and take-off accuracy
- Manage the customer experience.
- Assist in the customer orientation process as well as responding to warranty calls, during the first year
- Collaborate with trade partners throughout construction process and first-year warranty to improve quality and efficiency Interface with Sales personnel to manage neighborhood and customer activities and referrals
- Ensure job sites adhere to company safety and SWPPP standards
- Assist in resolving issues/conflicts related to daily construction activities (e.g., vendor contracts, work orders, job progress, design)
- Authorize payment for materials received and work completed
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Provides input to employee’s performance evaluations
- Assists in the identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSTRUCTION FIELD MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred
- Construction experience
- People and team skills
- Track record of results working with and coaching vendors
- Knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations, construction management, construction related software (E-Schedule)
- Ability to read blueprints, write and communicate effectively, make correct decisions, and delegate work effectively
- General knowledge of building codes
- Market leading compensation
- Short and Long Term Disability and a much more.