Director of Special Projects Homebuilding Career Opportunity
A leading national homebuilder in Metro Detroit is in search of a Director of Special Projects to support their growing operations. This position requires a strong homebuilding background in either purchasing or construction with project management experience. The ideal candidate will have JD Edwards experience and the ability to spearhead new processes to improve purchasing, construction, and customer service efficiencies.
Reporting to the Division President, the Director of Special Projects will also spearhead the design center and many other process-related projects in this fast-growing division.
Only candidates with homebuilding purchasing and/or construction project management experience will be considered for this opportunity.
Director of Special Projects Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the development and the creation of a new Design Center including the build-out, staffing needs, and systems.
- Train others on Design Center systems and ensure it is being used correctly.
- Learn and master BuildPro in order to train others on it while ensuring its use on a constant and consistent basis.
- Work with different departments to identify best practices and help gain efficiencies.
- Prepare and update financial forecasting (budgets, short-term and long-term plans) in conjunction with appropriate corporate financial personnel.
- Maintains favorable financial posture and monitor cost analysis activities on a routine basis.
- Coordinate with professional and executive management staff and act as a liaison to resolve operating problems.
Director of Special Projects Candidates Possess the Following Skills:
- Outstanding leadership skills to develop and continue the success of operations with the ability to achieve the same through subordinates utilizing management practices and theories.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority in an environment with little direction from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for high interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization.
- Persuasive attitude with strong negotiation, organizational and detail-oriented aptitude.
- Mathematical aptitude with the ability to participate in the development and execution of financial forecasting.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) or equivalent in specialized training from a four-year college or technical school.
- 10 or more years of related experience through knowledge of management practices, and leadership skills for application to daily operational activities
- Knowledge of the residential home building industry with appropriate production and sales experience required.
Homebuilding Industry Leading Benefits Include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays