We are seeking an experienced Director of Sales for a national homebuilder in the Northern Virginia homebuilding market. The position will report directly to the Division President. Experience with a high volume builder is preferred as the builder is ranked in units among the largest in Northern Virginia.
Local and non-local candidates will be considered. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
DIRECTOR OF SALES OBJECTIVES:
Ensure new homes are sold at the established sales price and velocity with high levels of customer satisfaction, and ensure the performance and success of the sales and marketing teams through the implementation of established policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DIRECTOR OF SALES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain open communication with division president and team members to ensure the accurate, timely flow of information.
- Communicate the company’s decisions, procedures and policies to sales and marketing team members.
- Work with purchasing/estimating on clearly defining all options, upgrades, specifications and associated pricing.
- Set home prices to obtain target profit margins and work with the management team to secure any necessary approvals.
- Oversee the review of all contract documents and pricing to ensure accuracy, and approve all contracts and change orders submitted by Sales Counselors.
- Analyze sales performance and costs through various sales reports.
- Ensure the sales staff is meeting with realtors on a regular basis per the established Realtor program and in compliance with the appropriate regulations.
- Ensure the Sales Manager(s) are meeting individually with each Sales Counselor on a regular basis to review and manage prospect conversion.
- Ensure sales department meetings are held regularly, in addition to designated meetings with other departments (i.e., weekly meetings with homebuilding and mortgage).
Marketing, Advertising and Merchandising:
- Review competitive market analysis information on a monthly basis and share with the appropriate management team members as needed.
- Constantly monitor and analyze both national and local market trends to support division sales and marketing goals.
- Assist with the promotion of the company’s image and products to all outside sources.
- Assist with organizing and executing all special promotions to generate sales.
- Coordinate with the Sales Manager(s) and Marketing Manager to select, create and place all advertising and marketing materials using the media they deem most effective.
- Oversee the creative and maintenance of all sales collateral.
- Oversee the negotiation, placement and maintenance of all community signage.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all advertising campaigns within the division, and oversee the management of ad agency relations.
- Oversee the opening of all new home model centers.
- Oversee the division’s internet marketing and sales, and ensure the company’s effective online presence.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7-10 years sales and marketing experience in high-volume production homebuilding (public experience a plus).
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience.
- Previous experience with ad agencies preferred.
- Broker’s License as required by division.
- Current working knowledge of construction.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting new home sales (i.e., Fair Housing).
- PC and software literate.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability.
- Effective problem-solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, management and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated marketing, product and merchandising acumen, including an understanding and awareness of customers and buyers.
- Ability to prepare, present and coordinate sales and marketing plans and programs.
- Demonstrated initiative to challenge ineffective processes, formulate plans and facilitate change.
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)