We are teaming with a leading builder in Charleston in search of a Director of Customer Relations responsible for managerial control and implementation of divisional warranty programs, customer care program and corporate service strategies for all communities.
A strong construction and warranty background with a fast-paced high volume homebuilder is necessary. We are seeking high drive, ambitious candidates with a proactive, ‘get it done’ attitude.
The Director of Customer Relations will maintain customer care records and support department activities. They will manage a team of customer relations field reps and office staff and resolve customer care issues through research and field visits.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HOMEBUILDING DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER RELATIONS:
- Coordinate the daily monitoring, assignment, and completion of all service requests and/or warranty commitments.
- Provide daily direction for customer care coordinator/administrative assistant, ensure that established procedures are followed for homeowner calls, written repair requests and communicate information to customer care reps in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations; provide the homeowner with the knowledgeable, timely and professional response to telephone inquiries and resolve difficult customer care issues through personal involvement, including in-person visits.
- Answers incoming Customer Care phone calls, responds to routine Customer Care inquiries, direct other calls as appropriate.
- Keep Division Management informed of potential homeowner issues where major cost factors may be encountered.
- Create and distribute departmental and division reports to Division Management as directed.
- Collaborate in the formulation and establishment of warranty-related policy, field practices, and service procedures.
- Proactively work with division management to improve purchasing, construction and selling practices in order to reduce the frequency of customer complaints.
- Formulate and keep updated warranty manuals, orientation packages, policies, and procedure manuals and homeowner handbooks.
- Manage division Water Intrusion Program with Director of Construction and report on status to MTM’s daily on water intrusion issues.
- Mentor Customer Care associates by providing leadership, ongoing development, and strong learning experiences while establishing goals and coaching performance to meet business targets.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision, and, motivation of Customer Relation Associates.
- Conduct and/or contribute to monthly/quarterly and/or annual performance appraisals.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and training sessions.
- Organizes bimonthly JD Powers’ team meetings.
- Responds to corporate complaints within 1 hour and updates the DOC and DP in writing within the same day received.
- Monitors and allocates staffing levels to adequately maintain coverage for all customer care requests. Reviews customer care signoffs to insure full completion of warranty service requests.
- Monitors trends in warranty service requests. Creates and generates reports as necessary to identify such tends.
- Works closely with the Construction staff to increase quality through such observation and research.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HOMEBUILDING DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER RELATIONS:
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and industry standard building practices.
- Minimum High School or GED required. College Degree preferred
- Minimum 10 year experience in Customer Service and Construction Manager with a Homebuilder (combination of Customer Service and Construction Manager)
- Minimum 5 year experience in directing, coordinating and supervising staff in Homebuilding Customer Relations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering reports and details
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with carpentry, structural design, engineered wood products and failure analysis
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays