We are seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager for a large volume public home builder in the Sarasota, FL market. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales. Local and non-local candidates with experience at a high volume builder is preferred as this company is growing fast and is among the largest in the market.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
This position is perfect for the current ASM, GSM, or Director seeking a growth oriented company with great long term advancement opportunities.
AREA SALES MANAGER OBJECTIVES:
- To recruit, train and develop sales associates.
- To manage field sales of assigned communities and achieve assigned communities’ sales goals.
- To support Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives in a manner that is consistent with good business practices and that adheres to company policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR AREA SALES MANAGER:
- Travel to assigned communities within region.
- Develop, monitor and maintain sales plans for each assigned community, with Vice President Sales & Marketing.
- Train and coach sales associates in selling skills on a continuing basis.
- Recruit, motivate and evaluate Sales Staff.
- Assist Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives for each community.
- Prepare sales center staffing schedules.
- Gather and analyze competitive data for market analysis.
- Review and analyze mystery shops of Sales Staff.
- Ensure current and accurate sales materials are in each community.
- Monitor follow-up of Sales Staff.
- Participate and facilitate weekly sales meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AREA SALES MANAGER:
- Associate degree in Business or related field or at least five years of on-site sales experience (preferably with a production builder)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong self-organization skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)