We are seeking a Director of Purchasing with experience at a high volume homebuilder in Denver, CO.
Our builder client is a very reputable regional builder in the Denver market and growing fast. The comp and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this Director of Purchasing homebuilding opportunity.
The Director of Purchasing will coordinate all aspects of the homebuilding services department including budgets, trade partner contracts, bidding, trade partner relationships, cycle time, value engineering, and product development. This position will be responsible for working in collaboration with other team members to help achieve the highest level of performance by developing and implementing fluid and manageable job costing processes and procedures.
DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING OBJECTIVES:
- The Director of Purchasing will manage the purchasing and cost estimating functions from product development through production.
- Is responsible for all contract administration including the communication and management of trade partners performance issues and remedies.
- Will keep current on market trends, pricing fluctuations, and product availability.
- Will provide training and leadership to the purchasing team for each individual’s growth and development.
DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate, negotiate and contract for all labor and materials associated with home construction.
- Oversee and manage correct the contract information, purchase orders, options and pricing in the BRIX system.
- Ensure house budgets are accurate and up to date for presentation to senior management at monthly Cost Price Review Meetings.
- Participate in bi-weekly Project Walks consisting of meeting with trade partners, project managers, and sales.
- Manage the builder’s Vendor Watch List program in collaboration with the construction management team.
- Create and manage cost estimates in collaboration with the Community Development Department for all project proforma’s.
- Manage and control all project and product specifications and scopes of work.
- Will oversee the processing of all applicable RFI’s from approval through execution.
- Assist VP of Operations with special projects as needed.
DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a 4-year college degree in Construction, Business or another related field or have 5-7 years of experience in a similar position.
- High level of understanding of system applications in one or more homebuilding software packages. Experience with BRIX software preferred.
- Strong negotiating and relationship skills
- Ability effectively manages a team of employees for positive results and personal growth.
- Skilled at reading and understanding construction documents with comprehensive knowledge of residential building practices.