Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Division Controller for a leading homebuilder in the Dallas, TX market. Experience with a high volume builder is preferred as the builder is among the largest in the market and growing fast. Local and non-local candidates with homebuilding experience will get immediate consideration.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
Division Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial statement analysis and monthly results review.
- Monitor division procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare financial analysis of land deals.
- Monitor and review land A/P overages, change orders and land job costs budgets.
- Prepare annual and revised housing and land budget planning.
- Prepare land job costs budgets by section and common budgets.
- Assist with information systems implementations: JDE, HMS, etc.
- Prepare and review land tracking reports to include: GAAP/Non-GAAP costs, transfer pricing, lot availability, cost to complete reserves, and developed lot purchase schedules.
- Monitor costs, budgeting, accounts payable, etc. related to joint ventures and CDA’s.
- Monitor balance sheet items to include real estate tax and HOA accruals.
- Assist with land agendas.
- Research financial statement variances, job cost variances, etc.
- Assist with division review materials.
- Review land contracts for FIN 46 applications.
- Assist corporate accounting with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Assist the housing Land Controller and Area Presidents with special projects.
Qualifications for Division Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years experience combined with 5 to 7 years of industry experience. CPA/Public Accounting preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and finance practices along with job costing, budgeting, and strategic
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel program.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Confident working closely with upper management and corporate executives.
Industry-Leading Home Builder Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays