Financial Services Controller
Housing / Mortgage Industry Career Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Financial Services Controller for a leading correspondent lender in Atlanta, GA. Requirements include experience with a high-volume mortgage company or related financial services company.
The Financial Services Controller will be responsible for the accuracy of all financial functions, including cost accounting, cycle management, reporting, risk analysis, internal controls, etc. You will demonstrate your prior knowledge/experience by successfully managing a mid-sized accounting team and accounting for a warehouse line of credit.
Local and non-local controller candidates with mortgage experience will get immediate consideration. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
Financial Services Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accounting systems and related financial reporting associated with reporting the financial results. Also responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the financial reporting and internal control systems.
- Consolidate the entity’s financial results and report to management thereon. Review results regularly with land development management and executive management.
- Ensure that sound accounting methods and systems are being used in the operations per established policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise all accounting department associates.
- Coordinate with the land development team to ensure division associates are appropriately trained, and the set-up of division’s books and records match the needs of the division and are consistent with corporate requirements.
- Coordinate a close working relationship with the land development team to ensure that proper financial reporting and compilation methods are being used.
- Understand the company’s legal entity’s organizational structure to ensure that proper accounting procedures are applied at a transactional level. Coordinate this knowledge with the JD Edwards company and business unit structure to ensure that all facets of the accounting structure are accurate (Cash management, 1099 reporting, Joint Venture Investments, etc.).
- Ability to manage the accounting department to produce timely and accurate reports which summarize and analyze business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations; and presents such reports to management.
- Ability to supervise and approve ongoing accounting activities which may include invoicing, accounts payable, contracting, employee reimbursements, payroll recording, cash application, journal entry preparation, and other recurring events as assigned.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills, flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment.
- Oversee the accounting operations for multiple LLC’s and multiple investor partners.
- Create and maintain accurate quarterly investor reports.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system, and controls over accounting transactions. Ensure transactions are timely and recorded accurately.
- Coordinate the monthly close process and issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual audit and preparation of annual reports.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants as well as manage draw packages for loan reimbursement.
Qualifications for Financial Services Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years experience combined with 5 to 7 years of mortgage industry experience.
- CPA/Public Accounting preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and finance practices along with job costing, budgeting, and strategic
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Confident working closely with upper management and corporate executives.
Industry-Leading Home Builder Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays