Financial Analyst Job Opening in Chicago, IL
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are seeking a Financial Analyst / Financial Business Partner for a leading public home builder in the Chicago, IL market. As a Finance Business Partner, your analytical approach to business will allow you to successfully take financial responsibility for the profit center operations in the Midwest Region for this fast-growing builder. You’ll be part of the core senior management team and, as such, play a major role in developing the strategic direction of business development. You will foster a “Business Partner” relationship with operations, designed to function as the link between the development of long-term business goals and objectives and the execution of the strategies to achieve those long-term goals and objectives.
Financial Analyst Responsibilities
- Provide value-added financial analyses to assess business initiatives and to assist senior management in determining the direction of operational decisions.
- Direct all aspects of the monthly forecasting, annual planning, and 5-year planning processes for profit center operations.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements, community performance, sales, production, and costing metrics to conduct an analysis of profitability and asset utilization.
- Oversee new project feasibility analysis, to provide strategy on how to optimize new land deals to ensure that they meet investment criteria.
- Recommend process, policy, and procedural improvements across operational areas as a result of your analyses.
- Actively provide ad hoc analysis and periodic studies as requested by Corporate, Regional, or Divisional management.
Financial Analyst Qualifications
- 7+ years of business experience in financial analysis, planning, or economic analysis
- MBA and/or CPA
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- “Big Four”, large manufacturing, or real estate experience preferred.
Industry Leading Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays