Director of Human Resources Job Opening in Atlanta
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are teaming with a leading regional homebuilder to fill the position of Corporate Director, Human Resources. This position will be based in Atlanta and support multiple fast-growing markets. We are seeking an experienced HR leader in the homebuilding industry with experience in all aspects of HR management. Apply below to arrange a confidential exploratory call.
We are seeking candidates with a passion for talent acquisition and talent development and a strong desire to join a market leader and lead their efforts to attract, hire and develop an awesome team. If you are a strong HR business partner, well organized, self-motivated, and collaborative, we encourage you to read more and apply below.
Director of Human Resources Objectives
- Recruit, interview, and recommend employment candidates to fill vacant positions across all departments of the company.
- Manage the needs analysis process and develop sourcing strategies based on position description and locations.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for new employees to ensure productive acclimation to the company and foster a positive attitude toward company goals.
- Monitor personnel actions (such as hires, promotions/demotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations) and employee relations issues (such as employee complaints, employee injury rates, etc).
- Establish policy and ensure compliance related to employee relations, anti-discrimination issues, equal employment opportunities, compensation and time and attendance administration, and employee benefits.
- Monitor and submit insurance claims related to worker’s compensation, disability, pregnancy disability and family medical leave, and COBRA administration.
- Support the payroll and the benefits program for the company
Director of Human Resources Qualifications
- Construction or home building experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or related field
- Strong staffing (exempt & non-exempt operations) and employee relations experience
- Competent knowledge of HRIS / systems, payroll, compensation, benefits, change management, employee orientation/education, and regulatory compliance is expected
- 4-8 years of experience in recruiting, employment and benefits with a homebuilder
Director of Human Resources Critical Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work at high levels in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance