Vice President of Construction
Residential Construction / Home Builder Career Opportunity
We are teaming with a leading regional home builder in Sarasota, FL, searching for a Vice President of Construction to effectively manage and be directly responsible for the homebuilding and customer service operations. A strong construction background with a fast-paced, high-volume homebuilder is necessary for this role, and only candidates with homebuilding experience will be considered.
In this role, the ideal candidate will provide field leadership for all construction activities and hire, train, manage and motivate direct reports on the construction team. Local and non-local candidates will be considered. This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the best / smartest leadership on a divisional and corporate level in the homebuilding industry. The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity.
Vice President of Construction Responsibilities:
- Certify that all construction positions are well-staffed with individuals that are competent in technical abilities, cost control measures, administrative and customer service skills.
- Provide training to the field management team.
- Manage construction budgets on each home.
- Verify that all shortages/overages on Construction budgets are reported to purchasing the team.
- Foster a team environment with Superintendents and Sales and Marketing to ensure that good communication, coordination of activities, and effective problem solving occurs.
- Recruit and continuously evaluate subcontractors for quality standards and scheduling deadlines.
- Support land acquisition and development activities as needed.
- Certify the understanding of and adherence to the safety program by all construction personnel.
- Guarantee that all construction personnel is trained and knowledgeable about our warranty program.
- Monitor and ensure that the schedule is met on each home.
- Monitor and ensure the success of the quality control process.
- Oversee all job sites are clean and orderly at all times.
- Establish community-level ownership in all communities
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Vice President of Construction Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of experience in homebuilding required
- 5 years direct experience in progressively responsible positions with a production homebuilder.
- Computer literacy – Previous Build Pro experience recommended
- Formal OSHA training is preferred.
- Strong relationship, self-organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual and group basis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, team player
Industry Leading Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Health care with medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Disability programs
- Employee and dependent life insurance
- Vacation and company holidays