Director of Land Development
Land Development Job Opening & Career Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Director of Land Development for a leading developer in Atlanta, GA.
We are looking for two Directors or Land Project Managers in Atlanta. One will be based on the NE I-85 corridor, the other will be based in Marietta. Please mention your closest location when applying.
- The position will support a leading land development firm that features many large-scale single-family master-planned communities.
- Experience with a high-volume homebuilder or developer that develops communities from raw dirt is required.
- A track record of successfully managing the development of clubhouses and mixed-use developments is preferred.
- Forecasting, estimating, managing budgets are critical to success in this role.
Work for a company with an outstanding culture and work-hard-play-hard mentality. This developer and its partners are growing quickly throughout the southeast and there will be many opportunities for career growth.
The comp, benefits, and opportunity for personal and professional growth are very strong for this opportunity. Please note that only candidates with high volume land development experience with a home builder or developer will be considered for this opportunity.
Director of Land Development Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates acquisition and land development activities.
- Oversees preparation of plats and plans, supervises the bid process for construction contractors.
- Secures approvals for development and construction with federal, state, and local jurisdiction officials.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting, responsible for the execution and financial performance of projects.
- Negotiates the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys, or brokers.
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys.
- Manage due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with internal design and land development teams.
- Manage, coordinate resources for, and meet all entitlement needs for land acquisitions.
- Monitor development phases and entitlement processes post-closing.
- Responsible for Homeowner’s Associations (HOA) meetings for residential land developments and operates the HOA until residents assume control.
- Build and maintain relationships with national, regional, and local home builders as well as commercial builders.
- Assists with negotiations for the sale of residential lots to homebuilders as well as commercial tracts.
- Manage the day-to-day customer, partner, and/or vendor relationships.
Director of Land Development Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 8+ years of senior-level experience acquiring and developing land for large-scale master-planned communities.
- A strong financial real estate and due diligence background to justify investment opportunities.
- A strong background in raw land entitlement and development.
- Knowledge of the local land market to include experience developing relationships and presenting to local landowners, civic officials, zoning officials, etc would be a strong benefit.
- Experience working within a “growth environment” for a firm going through heavy expansion would be a plus.
Industry-Leading Homebuilding Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) With Company Matching Contributions
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays